(Photo by Stacey Salter Moore)
Earlier this year, Technical.ly announced its first initiative to bring together a more national conversation during the eighth annual Philly Tech Week. It’s a one-day, one-location event that will span six of our seven editorial and event tracks. That event is Introduced by Technical.ly which will take place as a part of Philly Tech Week 2018 presented by Comcast.
The event will have three simultaneous rooms of programming focused around three themes:
Think of it as a “choose your own adventure” format. There will also be an Expo Floor that will rotate throughout the day.
We’ve started to outline the types of topics we’re looking to have within each room which you can view at the link below. There will be strong Philly representation as always, but we’re also looking to get a more national and specifically Mid-Atlantic presence at the event.
Currently confirmed speakers include:
- Jen Denis, Chief Brand Officer, Honeygrow
- Deesha Dyer, former Obama Administration Social Secretary
- Rebecca Etter, Senior Manager of Innovation, Acelerada, a division of Bimbo Bakeries USA
- Dr. Alan Flake, MD, Attending Pediatric and Fetal Surgeon, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- Felecia Hatcher, Founder, Code Fever and BlackTechWeek
- Josh Kopelman, Founding Partner, First Round Capital
- Christina Lopes, Cofounder, The One Health Company
- Evan Lutz, CEO and Founder, Hungry Harvest
- Kathryn O’Connor, VP of Marketing, La Colombe Coffee Roasters
- Matt Pritchard, VP of Digital Acceleration, Campbell Soup Company
Attendees will also have the chance to apply to meet with a variety of leaders for curated one-on-one meetings. They’ll be matched based on mutual interests in the hopes of forming lasting relationships after the event.
These curated introductions include:
- Morgan Berman, MilkCrate
- Liz Brown, Webjunto
- Bethany Edwards, Lia Diagnostics
- Micah Gold-Markel, Solar States
- Tracy Levesque, YIKES
- Brian McIntire, Think Company
- Bob Moore, Philly Startup Leaders
- Stacey Mosley, FixList
- Yasmine Mustafa, ROAR for Good
- Zikria Syed, VitalTrax
- Comcast Ventures
- Dorm Room Fund
- Gabriel Investments
- Investors Circle Philadelphia
- NextSpring Capital
- Red & Blue Ventures
- Robin Hood Ventures
What would jazz legend John Coltrane think of REC Philly?
Your elevator pitch should be like a standup routine, say these people ops pros
These 4 NET/WORK workshops can boost your career
20+ events, organizations, meetups and good reads to help you get hired
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia