On the Market is a Technical.ly column where we highlight noteworthy job openings and the people who are lookin’. Got a submission? Email us and tell us why it belongs in the roundup.
Here’s one job that likely had Comcast’s HR department scratching its head: Comcast Spectacor, owner of our city’s official Overwatch team, is looking for a Meme Specialist to craft killer, retweet-worthy memes for the Philadelphia Fusion.
Among the skills required of such a fine individual are the “ability to repell trolls and fire off witty responses and ice cold burns” as well as a “sharped witted, comedic and energetic personality.” For now, the job is based out of the West Coast, but the league as a whole is aiming is to have each team return to their home cities in the next couple of years.
The job, which per its description is of seasonal nature, pays around $17 an hour. Memes aside, its looks like your average digital marketing gig and requires domain of basic digital tools. Though you do have know what an “ult” is.
On Monday, we at Technical.ly released our yearly realLIST roundup of the most promising tech companies in each of our markets.
“I’m fundamentally a strategist who can organize and lead successful, complicated projects that achieve important goals,” Krauss told us in an email. “I just worked for three years with Tor software developers; before that with the CEO of a large medical center; before that with human rights activists. I like to mix it up.”
Here’s what her ideal companies look like, per her own words:
- An organization that promotes the city of Philadelphia or its tech community, especially finding ways to engage all kinds of people in its success,
- A local tech company with good values,
- A net freedom or Internet rights organization,
- A VC firm that is succeeding in funding women and underserved people of color,
- A hospital.
Looking for more jobs? Here are a few from our trusty jobs board:
- Lead Test Engineer at RevZilla
- Product Manager – Energy & Grid at Inspire
- Data Consultant at Deacom
- DevOps SysAdmin at WebLinc
- Software Engineer at Vistar Media
- Solutions Consultant at InOutsource
- Sr. Enterprise Arrchitect at Clarivate Analytics
- Business Development Manager at Azavea*
- Scala Developers at Chariot Solutions*
*Denotes a Technical.ly Talent client. Talent clients get inclusion in our monthly On the Market series.-30-