(Photo by Clever Girl Photography)
From technologists to impact leaders, from game developers to nonprofits, the geeked-out gala is back Aug. 26 and we now have the list of nominees you told us about.
The full list of nominees is available but we’ve gone ahead and rounded up a few tech related ones for ya:
Startup of the Year
- FixList: The realLIST honoree, which just came out of the Ben Franklin/Village Capital fintech accelerator, uses data to map some 600,000 real estate locations across the city.
- Keriton: Vidur Bhatnagar’s startup raised $1 million to make sure babies keep breastfeeding in neonatal ICUs. It just deployed its platform at Penn Hospital.
- Oncora Medical: This health IT company focusing on precision radiology recently landed an interesting partnership with Texas-based MD Anderson Cancer Center.
Technologist of the Year
- Basil Harris: The founder of Basil Leaf Technologies led a team of researchers to the top of a world-class XPRIZE competition to develop a Star Trek–inspired medical device.
- Lauren Ancona: The winner of our v prestigious NET/WORK award for Best Twitter Account is a Program Manager of Feedback Analytics at the General Services Administration who has also worked for the City of Philadelphia.
- Lloyd Emelle: the Code for Philly co-captain is is a frequent contributor to open data projects, including CyclePhilly.
Game of the Year
- Jawns: Game design shop Cipher Prime took this award last year with Tailwind: Prologue. This year they’re back with a game that promises “the speed of checkers and the depth of chess.”
- Lazer Ryderz!: Anthony Amato and Nicole Kline of Cardboard Fortress Games made this Kickstarter-backed tabletop game, which comes with its own synth-driven soundtrack.
- Super Rock Blasters!: A multiplayer game inspired by Asteroids from QuadraTron Games, an indie dev studio formerly based at the Philly Game Forge.
Again, you can see the full list of nominees right over here.
The Timmy Awards return to Philly on Oct. 15
Philadelphia: Here are your nominees for the 2019 Technical.ly Awards
Nominate an outstanding dev for the inaugural Philly RealLIST Engineers
How Relay is helping enterprise clients get proactive about customer engagement
These 11 companies and leaders won 2019 PACT Enterprise Awards
Peep the Philly companies nominated for PACT’s 2019 Enterprise Awards
Impact startups and nonprofits: AWeber has $20,000 up for grabs
These hiring companies want to meet you at NET/WORK Suburbs
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia