(Photo by Flickr user Paintimpact, used under a Creative Commons license)
Thanks to a partnership between the Knight Foundation and game maker Niantic, five branches of the Free Library will get featured Pokéstops in the game, which last April clocked in at 65 million monthly active users.
The stops — packed with health points, poké balls and other goodies — will be live from July 10 to Aug. 11.
— Free Library (@FreeLibrary) July 13, 2017
Here’s the list of libraries hosting the pokéstops.
- Tacony LAB (through Aug. 4) | 6918 Torresdale Ave.
- Queen Memorial Library | 1201 S. 23rd St.
- Fumo Family Library | 2437 S. Broad St.
- Lucien E. Blackwell West Philadelphia Regional Library | 123 S. 52nd St.
- Parkway Central Library | 1901 Vine St.
“To encourage more people to interact with and explore our city’s public spaces, we need to meet them where they are,” said Patrick Morgan, Knight Foundation program director for Philly. “By combining the draw of Pokémon GO with an invitation to get to know Philadelphia, this initiative taps into the power of technology to promote civic engagement.”