Are you on the hunt for a (pick one or more: exciting/more profitable/challenging/mission-driven) job?
Maybe you’re just curious as to what opportunities are out there for someone with your skillset or with a skillset that you are aspiring to get experience in?
What if you could meet face-to-face with hiring managers from local, national and Fortune 500 companies for $10, then unwind with them at a super chill happy hour with the greater tech and startup community in the same spacious venue?
It’s on Tuesday, Feb. 7, from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. at The Fillmore, the music venue that’s right on the border of Fishtown.
But it’s so much more than just a jobs fair. Let us count the ways:
- Professional development workshops to enhance your chances of landing that gig that you’ve always wanted.
- Professional head shots so you can scrap that weak selfie you took in front of a graffiti wall (nice try though!). This perk courtesy of Chariot Solutions.
- A coffee station to keep you pumped by HubBub Coffee, our perennial NET/WORK coffee supplier, this time courtesy of WebLinc.
- Resume reviewers from Campus Philly on hand to get your paper profile as tight as your hand shake.
Check out the workshop topics and teachers:
- Solving the Technical Interview with Ivana Veliskova, front end developer, WebLinc
- Teaching as Learning with Jen Dionisio, organizer, Girl Develop It Philly
- Hire Learning with Le’Rhone Walker, director of front end development, The Archer Group
- Transition Up: How to Turn a Career Change into a Kickass Comeback with Jamila Payne, president and CEO, Daily Success Routine and Ideas Action Design Brand
So, for the cost of a craft beer or savory couple cups of Joe (included in the cost of a ticket!), you will have the opportunity to meet top employers and to interview for several positions during the course of the day, meeting the people who make the hiring decisions. You’ll save a lot of time since there will be no need to draft a customized personal statement for each company you visit: You’ll be able to tell them why you wish to work for them, and you’ll have the chance to sell your (wonderful) self.
Our exhibitors send their managers to carry out onsite interviews. Don’t wait for someone to call you for an interview. Get your ticket for NET/WORK Philly and give off a first impression that makes a lasting career.
Check out all the homies who want to hire and then go get your resumes review ready. There’s a wide range of companies featured, from startups like Stitch, Swift Capital and Canary Compliance to bigger companies like Bloomberg, Susquehanna International Group and Magento to socially minded orgs like Urban Technology Project, Message Agency and Azavea.
An asterisk means they are new to exhibiting this year.
- Archer Group
- Ascensus, Inc. *
- Kepler Group
- AWeber Communications
- The Vanguard Group, Inc.
- StratIS *
- Bloomberg *
- Engine Room Technology Co.
- Chariot Solutions
- Greenphire, Inc.
- Swift Capital
- J2 Solutions
- Oncourse Systems
- Philadelphia Gas Works *
- Think Company
- Magento *
- WorkplaceDynamics *
- eMoney Advisor
- Canary Compliance *
- Turn5 *
- Relay Network
- Message Agency
- Brio Solutions
- Creative MMS
- Delphic Digital
- 1SEO *
- Information Assurance Specialists
- Deacom, Inc.
- Inspire Energy
- Prometrics *
- Jornaya *
- The Yard *
- Susquehanna International Group
- Urban Technology Project *
- Aloysius Butler & Clark *
- Frontline Education
- Kick Up
- 24 Seven