(Photo by Lauren Giles)
A few weeks ago, Technical.ly brought back it’s annual pizza, beer and brainstorming session to kick off the planning for the seventh annual Philly Tech Week (PTW). Help Plan PTW17 gathered nearly 80 event organizers at Technically Media’s headquarters at Benjamin’s Desk to learn what’s new to come for 2017 and to share their respective event plans. We hate to rub it in, but it was awesome.
- The PTW17 community calendar will consist of 100 events.
- The calendar will be curated by a Philly Tech Week committee.
- Limited events will promote some serious collaboration.
We went over the new approval process for submitting a PTW event:
- Submit your event proposal with at least two time slots as options.
- Wait for our response.
- Follow further instructions to get your event live on phillytechweek.com
At the event, we shared our event plans with each other in an open mic style. We even had first time PTW organizers!
Don’t fret, there’s another chance to share what you’re working on. Join our PTW17 Event Organizer Slack Chat happening Tuesday, January 24, 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. Not a member of our public Slack?
Make sure to join the “Philly” channel.
For all you need to know, trust the Philly Tech Week 2017 Event Organizer Rules & Guidelines. This document is full of every PTW event organizing detail we could fit and it’s always being updated!
The updated PTW site will be live in just a few weeks. Stay tuned to check out the amazing events that are sure to make this the best PTW yet.