(Photo by Technical.ly staff)
It’s that time of year again! You know, the time of year when we start to plan the annual week-long celebration of technology and innovation in and around the City of Brotherly Love.
The seventh annual Philly Tech Week will be happening Apr. 28 through May 6, 2017, and we’re as excited as you all.
Following a ton of feedback from our community and its organizers, we thought it was time to spruce up the PTW calendar. Last year, over 160 events were hosted as a part of the week. While that number is an impressive one, many attendees found themselves stretched too thin and limited from checking out all the events they set sights on. Plus, event organizers found themselves competing to produce something that could stand out amongst the masses.
Here’s what’s going to make this the best community calendar ever: Philly Tech Week 2017 will feature 100 events. Period.
You might be thinking: Woah, Technical.ly. How is shrinking the calendar sprucing it up?
- A limited amount of event slots will instigate great events. Quality over quantity.
- There won’t be events with similar programming happening simultaneously, so you won’t have to choose which professional development happy hour to attend.
- Fewer events will promote more community collaboration.
With the new PTW calendar, comes a fresh approval process. Here are the steps:
- Review the new and improved Event Organizer Rules & Guidelines.
- Agree to adhere to all guidelines.
- Submit your event idea and send us two or three event times you can work with.
- Await your approval email or otherwise before locking your venue. You’ll know the status of your event within two weeks of submission.
We’ll go over all of the changes in detail live at the upcoming Help Plan Philly Tech Week 2017 event. The event will also give community organizers an opportunity to share their event plans, open mic style, with the public. We encourage all event organizers, seasoned and fresh, to come out and hear each other’s ideas. You could walk in with no idea how to be involved in PTW and leave a part of an organizing committee.
Event submissions are open now, but the approval process won’t begin until after the event. Send us your ideas in the meantime and we hope to see you there!-30-
Philly will host an inaugural pharma conference next month
Super Meetup 2019 is happening at Cherry Street Pier on Thursday, Aug. 22
What’s your stack? Tell us for Tech Stacks Month
Why Linode sent this manager to Mumbai for 7 months
A conference dedicated to increasing diversity in data science is coming to CHOP
10 homegrown podcasts to check out at next month’s Philly Pod Fest
B. PHL claims to be the ‘first’ citywide innovation festival. But is it?
This financial services firm offers global opportunity in the heart of Philly
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia