(Photo courtesy of Conrad Erb Photography)
The Pennsylvania House of Representatives wants to hear about the state of life sciences in the region, so a bunch of reps will be sitting down with a few local stakeholders during a joint session this Wednesday at Quorum.
From 9-11 a.m., both the Majority and Minority Policy Committee of the legislative body will session out of the “entrepreneur’s clubhouse.” The session will be open to the public, no RSVP needed.
Six insiders will offer testimony on the Philly region’s growing life sciences space, as well as the challenges the sector faces. Likely, we’ve already reported on some of these views and challenges.
Here’s who will be speaking:
- Christopher P. Molineaux, President & CEO, Pennsylvania Bio
- Stephen Tang, President & CEO, University City Science Center
- Jane Hollingsworth, Founding Managing Partner, Militia Hill Ventures and CEO, Immunome, Inc.
- Joseph Camaratta, President & CEO, Quantitative Radiology Solutions and cofounder & President, Biosignal Analytics
- Maxine Gowen, President & CEO, Trevena, Inc.
- Benjamin Pascal, Chief Business Office and cofounder of Invisible Sentinel
After the hearing, legislators will do a walkthrough of the Science Center to check out some of the companies housed at the complex.
For those who can’t make it, the session will also be broadcast live here (barring any technical difficulties, organizers warn).-30-
Join these Philly tech groups at Super Meetup 2020 this Thursday
Events Roundup: 8 August meetups to keep you plugged in to Philly tech
Only 5% of PA’s first small biz coronavirus loans went to non-white entrepreneurs
Opera Philadelphia launched a global broadcasting channel to bring its 2020-21 season to your home
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia