National and local experts on cancer, health IT and entrepreneurship will meet at the Microsoft Innovation Center next week for an overview of society’s quest to overcome cancer. This will be one of the first events to be held at the new University City space.
The Transformer Series is the title of this free StartUp Health-hosted event which — on July 27 at 9 a.m. — will take on topics like entrepreneurship in the medical profession, the advancement of the cancer moonshots and the reimagining of healthcare innovation.
Here’s the roster of speakers:
- Terry Booker, Vice President of Corporate Development at Independence Blue Cross
- Louis Bucky, Clinical Professor of Surgery at the University of Pennsylvania
- Wayne Kimmel, Managing Partner at SeventySix Capital
- Stephen Klasko, President and CEO at Thomas Jefferson University and Jefferson Health
- Amit Rikhi, Vice President of Enterprise Innovation & Youth Alliances at the American Cancer Society
- Unity Stoakes, President and cofounder at StartUp Health
The event will be broadcast by Facebook Live on StartUp Health’s Facebook page.
B. PHL claims to be the ‘first’ citywide innovation festival. But is it?
Philly’s NorthStar Conference won’t be back in 2019. Here’s what to expect instead
Small biz owners: How do you fund the hustle?
How Macquarie blends tech-fueled financial services with global opportunity
National Maker Faire shut down, but the Philly group says its not going anywhere
You can now take a Jefferson course in blockchain for health care
BIO 2019 was in Philly this week. Here’s what you missed
This apprenticeship program is opening the door for candidates with nontraditional backgrounds
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia