National and local experts on cancer, health IT and entrepreneurship will meet at the Microsoft Innovation Center next week for an overview of society’s quest to overcome cancer. This will be one of the first events to be held at the new University City space.
The Transformer Series is the title of this free StartUp Health-hosted event which — on July 27 at 9 a.m. — will take on topics like entrepreneurship in the medical profession, the advancement of the cancer moonshots and the reimagining of healthcare innovation.
Here’s the roster of speakers:
- Terry Booker, Vice President of Corporate Development at Independence Blue Cross
- Louis Bucky, Clinical Professor of Surgery at the University of Pennsylvania
- Wayne Kimmel, Managing Partner at SeventySix Capital
- Stephen Klasko, President and CEO at Thomas Jefferson University and Jefferson Health
- Amit Rikhi, Vice President of Enterprise Innovation & Youth Alliances at the American Cancer Society
- Unity Stoakes, President and cofounder at StartUp Health
The event will be broadcast by Facebook Live on StartUp Health’s Facebook page.
Meet 10 legendary innovators from our city’s past for the 10th annual Philly Tech Week
What’s the future of the internet — and society?
Balance, proactivity and zines: Dispatches from the inaugural Philly Freelance Fest
Events Roundup: 10 chances to fall in love with your career again this February
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia