National and local experts on cancer, health IT and entrepreneurship will meet at the Microsoft Innovation Center next week for an overview of society’s quest to overcome cancer. This will be one of the first events to be held at the new University City space.
The Transformer Series is the title of this free StartUp Health-hosted event which — on July 27 at 9 a.m. — will take on topics like entrepreneurship in the medical profession, the advancement of the cancer moonshots and the reimagining of healthcare innovation.
Here’s the roster of speakers:
- Terry Booker, Vice President of Corporate Development at Independence Blue Cross
- Louis Bucky, Clinical Professor of Surgery at the University of Pennsylvania
- Wayne Kimmel, Managing Partner at SeventySix Capital
- Stephen Klasko, President and CEO at Thomas Jefferson University and Jefferson Health
- Amit Rikhi, Vice President of Enterprise Innovation & Youth Alliances at the American Cancer Society
- Unity Stoakes, President and cofounder at StartUp Health
The event will be broadcast by Facebook Live on StartUp Health’s Facebook page.
NeuroFlow wins pitch competition at HIMSS healthcare conference
The Philly Tech Week 2019 calendar is filling up. Here’s what you need to know
Two Philly companies are joining an accelerator inside the ‘largest medical complex in the world’
Pitch to speak at Comcast Labs Connect’s data security conference
Thursday: What went down at CES 2019?
Join Ellevest’s Sallie Krawcheck and Girls Who Code’s Reshma Saujani in Philadelphia
6 lessons on growing digital audience from the team behind Traffic Think Tank
How teamwork is setting the standard for data standardization at Pinnacle 21
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia