National and local experts on cancer, health IT and entrepreneurship will meet at the Microsoft Innovation Center next week for an overview of society’s quest to overcome cancer. This will be one of the first events to be held at the new University City space.
The Transformer Series is the title of this free StartUp Health-hosted event which — on July 27 at 9 a.m. — will take on topics like entrepreneurship in the medical profession, the advancement of the cancer moonshots and the reimagining of healthcare innovation.
Here’s the roster of speakers:
- Terry Booker, Vice President of Corporate Development at Independence Blue Cross
- Louis Bucky, Clinical Professor of Surgery at the University of Pennsylvania
- Wayne Kimmel, Managing Partner at SeventySix Capital
- Stephen Klasko, President and CEO at Thomas Jefferson University and Jefferson Health
- Amit Rikhi, Vice President of Enterprise Innovation & Youth Alliances at the American Cancer Society
- Unity Stoakes, President and cofounder at StartUp Health
The event will be broadcast by Facebook Live on StartUp Health’s Facebook page.
Get a primer on fact checking and digital literacy from this Wikipedian in residence
Yes, Julia Child can be a role model for women in tech
Why it matters that Philly has a conference for women of color in tech
Why Deacom’s team prioritizes collaboration and continuous improvement
Experts from Google, Linode and more will be speaking at #DevConf19
Here’s what to expect at the #PTW19 Dev Conference
Here’s what we know so far about Quil Health, the Comcast-IBX joint venture
Engineers have Vistar Media’s Philly office all to themselves
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia