Media Mobilizing Project’s latest event is bringing a national voice to Philly.
“Getting Online: Why We Need Digital Inclusion” is the name of the talk, and Mignon Clyburn, a commissioner with the Federal Communication Commission, will be the central panelist in a discussion focused on an urgent task: closing the digital divide.
Clyburn, originally from South Carolina, has been vocal about the need for broad access to the internet. She has served in the FCC since 2009.
The panel will also be stocked with a selection of prominent Philly voices:
- Bobby Henon, Majority Leader of the Philadelphia City Council
- Helen Gym, councilwoman at Philadelphia City Council
- Rebecca Rhynhart, Chief Administrative Officer for the City of Philadelphia
- Antoine Haywood, Director of Membership and Outreach at PhillyCAM
- Siobhan Reardon, President and Director of the Free Library of Philadelphia