(Photo via @MClyburnFCC)
Media Mobilizing Project’s latest event is bringing a national voice to Philly.
“Getting Online: Why We Need Digital Inclusion” is the name of the talk, and Mignon Clyburn, a commissioner with the Federal Communication Commission, will be the central panelist in a discussion focused on an urgent task: closing the digital divide.
Clyburn, originally from South Carolina, has been vocal about the need for broad access to the internet. She has served in the FCC since 2009.
The panel will also be stocked with a selection of prominent Philly voices:
- Bobby Henon, Majority Leader of the Philadelphia City Council
- Helen Gym, councilwoman at Philadelphia City Council
- Rebecca Rhynhart, Chief Administrative Officer for the City of Philadelphia
- Antoine Haywood, Director of Membership and Outreach at PhillyCAM
- Siobhan Reardon, President and Director of the Free Library of Philadelphia
This Philly conference scans the horizon of what’s next in enterprise technology
Collective Strength aims to be Philly’s no-BS networking meetup for women
Design Slam 2019 sketches digital and analog solutions for Philly immigrants
Why working with the University City Science Center was a game changer for 4 Philly startups
These 11 companies and leaders won 2019 PACT Enterprise Awards
The 5 stages of the data scientist
Biz growth, branding and leadership: Lessons from #Intro19
Take a peek at the opportunities popping up at PromptWorks
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia