(Photo via Facebook)
On the Market is a column where we highlight noteworthy job openings and the people who are lookin’. Got a submission? Email us and tell us why it belongs in the roundup.
One thing that immediately sets its executive team apart? It’s nearly all women. (That seems by design: WorthFM is building an automated investment platform geared toward women.) Four of the five leadership roles are held by women, including Emily Jipson, Chief Product Officer (that’s who the VP of Engineering will report to). Jipson was formerly the Global Head of Product for Yahoo Finance and VP of Product & Emerging Media at The Wall Street Journal.
Jipson and team are working in Chestnut Hill on Germantown Ave., right next to Iron Hill Brewery, said spokeswoman Jordan Bastien. Steinberg still runs DailyWorth out of Brooklyn and has closed half of a $4 million round for WorthFM, Bastien wrote in an email. The startup got some early coverage by the New York Times.
The makerspace movement is going suburban. Abington Art Center is looking for someone to run their makerspace. If you’re curious about it, we’d suggest getting in touch with Michael Darfler, who used to run the well-loved Department of Making + Doing that shut down last fall. Last we heard, Darfler was helping to launch the Abington makerspace.
We reported last week that the Sixers are launching a tech accelerator in Camden. The team is hiring someone to run the program. Email VP of Business Development Katie O’Reilly if you’re interested.
Earlier this month, SnipSnap founder Ted Mann became the president of Slyce, the publicly-traded Toronto-based company that acquired his couponing app. Now he’s building a team in Center City. He’s looking for two leadership roles in sales, plus an engineer and product designer for SnipSnap.
Looks like dining mobile app Reserve is launching in Philadelphia. The venture-backed NYC startup is hiring an operations manager.
Check out these other recent job postings on our jobs board.
Of note: Blackfynn is the venture-backed startup we told you about in our very first On the Market — CTO Tom Janofsky used to be an engineering lead at Monetate.
- Data Visualization Manager at Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia
- Execution Developer at Stevens Capital Management LP
- Implementation Programmer at Stevens Capital Management LP
- C++ Market Data Feeds Developer at Stevens Capital Management LP
- Social Media Manager at SEMrush
- IT Systems Administrator at Benefits Data Trust
- Windows Systems Administrator at University of Pennsylvania Libraries
- Technical Support Coordinator at Swarthmore College
- Online Community Coordinator at Soroptimist International of the Americas > LiveYourDream.org
- Social Media Specialist at American Friends Service Committee
- Front-end Developer at Blackfynn
- Full Stack Engineer at Blackfynn
- Operations Associate at Blackfynn
- US Post Sales Support Engineer at Clearvision USA Inc.
- Office Assistant at BoardEffect
- Web Developer at Think Brownstone
- Web Project Manager at VISIT PHILADELPHIA
This Week in Jobs: Love in the time of coronavirus
This Week in Jobs: Puppies and Rainbows Edition
Why crafting a better diversity and inclusion policy ‘makes business sense’
Power Moves: Wharton and CultureWorks have new directors
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia