(Image by Technical.ly)
Here at Technical.ly we encourage an environment where we’re open and honest about failure. Everyone experiences it, but you only succeed when you learn from it.
We also encourage that approach in the communities we cover. Our failure tag, for example, is full of hard-won lessons meant to inform future ventures.
Join us during Philly Tech Week 2016 presented by Comcast for the IRL manifestation of that ethos: our annual #Failfest event, which asks successful professionals and entrepreneurs to share their past failures and the lessons they learned from them in a storytelling format.
This year, the ever-popular #Failfest takes place Thursday, May 5, from 6-8 p.m.
Stories you’ll hear at #Failfest:
- “Culture Fails: Things that we tried that sounded good and were mistakes” with Seer Interactive Founder and Director of Digital Strategy Wil Reynolds.
- “From College Student to Business Leader: Lessons in Risk Management” with Ivory Ella Cofounder and Chief Risk Officer Richard Henne
- “Building a Company Without a Business Plan” with Saxbys Coffee CEO Nick Bayer
- “Knowing When To Breakup With Your Business” with Femme & Fortune Founder (and former operator of coworking space The Hive) Melissa Alam.
- “Dropping it all on a WHIMS” with Scholly CTO and Cofounder Nick Pirollo
- “Zero to a hundred! … and then back to eighty: When growth and culture collide” with RJMetrics Cofounder and CEO Robert J. Moore
- Also hear from Story Bellows, previously with the City of Philadelphia, and Yasmine Mustafa, founder of ROAR for Good.
In an effort to encourage and support student entrepreneurs, students can attend #Failfest for free with this code: PTW16BizStudent
#Failfest is a part of the #PTW16 Business Conference, which is comprised of two other events:
- Lunch&Learn: Workshop Your Business: Learn how to build a business plan, determine your valuation, perfect your pitch and more. Sit with the experts in small group discussions and get real feedback on your growing business.
- Technical.ly Introduced: A curated B2B event: For the first time, Technical.ly is working on an event to match small and large businesses with each other for potential business opportunities. Representatives from various large company purchasing departments will be in attendance and you can apply for a chance to meet with them in person. Currently confirmed to participate is Amtrak, Comcast and Stanley Black & Decker.
Philly Tech Week 2019 will hit a high note
South Jersey’s Wodify hops across the Delaware, moves HQ to Center City
Learn to lead digital transformation at Phorum 2019
Join the team at Odessa working to shake up the global leasing industry
For devs, by devs: Save the date for Technical.ly’s Dev Conference during PTW19
Peep the Philly companies nominated for PACT’s 2019 Enterprise Awards
These 4 language choices can help squash gender bias
How this Vistar Media software engineer succeeds on an ‘inclusive team’
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia