(Photos by Aidan Un)
Get your calendars ready. The #PTW16 site is here.
We’re proud to announce that Comcast will be the title sponsor for the second year in a row. Philly Tech Week 2016 presented by Comcast is taking place April 29-May 7 and there are so many ways to get involved.
Here are some important tips and deadlines:
- Organize an event! Philly Tech Week wouldn’t exist without the participation from our community organizers. Check out our Event Organizer Guide for more information on hosting an event during the week.
- Want your company to have serious visibility? We have plenty of sponsorship opportunities available throughout the week. Check out our Sponsorship Prospectus for more information.
- Interested in speaking? Fill out our Speaker Interest Form.
- Want to show off your app/product/company? Tell us about yourself and apply to demo at either our Kickoff (April 29) or Signature Event (May 6).
- Just looking to help out? We always need volunteers at our events, fill out this brief form and we’ll contact you with opportunities as the week gets closer.
- Attend! Don’t forget to mark your calendars, we’re less than three months away! It’s April 29-May 7, 2016.
If you are organizing an event, here are the deadlines you should know:
- Friday, Feb. 26: Check out our Event Organizer Slack Chat. Ask any last-minute questions to make sure you’re ready. Join the Technical.ly Slack here and make sure to participate in the “Philly” channel.
- Friday, March 4: Technical.ly will be offering micro-grants to event organizers in need of extra funding. Fill out this application form to be eligible.
- Tuesday, March 15: Convening the Conveners. Meet the Technical.ly Philly events team and get your questions answered before the print mag deadline!
- Wednesday, March 23: All event submissions must be submitted online to be included in the print magazine. There will be 6,000 print magazines distributed to over 100 locations in Philadelphia and the surrounding suburbs. This is a major opportunity to showcase your event.
- Friday, April 15: Last call for event submissions, no joke. To be included in Philly Tech Week, you must submit your event by this date. This includes all event details (date, time, location, etc.).
Some great ideas have already started circulating for Philly Tech Week. In December, we hosted a Help Plan #PTW16 live event as well as our #PTW16 Twitter Chat. Read our recap posts to check out what you may have missed.-30-
Catch what dev teams from AWS, Grubhub, Guru and more are up to at #DevConf19
Get a primer on fact checking and digital literacy from this Wikipedian in residence
Yes, Julia Child can be a role model for women in tech
Why Deacom’s team prioritizes collaboration and continuous improvement
10 Philly Tech Week community events you won’t want to miss
Experts from Google, Linode and more will be speaking at #DevConf19
Here’s what to expect at the #PTW19 Dev Conference
Engineers have Vistar Media’s Philly office all to themselves
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia