(Delaware flag via Shutterstock)
Delaware, led by its largest city Wilmington, is working on developing its innovation cluster. Now we’re going to start celebrating it.
A year ago, we launched Technical.ly Delaware. Next week, we’ll kickoff our first-ever Delaware Innovation Week presented by 1313 Innovation, a weeklong series of events around the First State’s entrepreneurship and technology community. Guess what: because its community is younger, #DIW15 will be smaller, but no less impactful, than when next April we host our sixth annual Philly Tech Week.
So if you’re in need of a certain kind of tech fix and haven’t explored the Delaware tech community, join us — SEPTA has added trains to fairly dense Wilmington and it’s a half-hour drive from Center City. To get you started, here are some of the larger events taking place during the week that someone not from Delaware could still enjoy:
- Cocktails and Collaboration (Friday, Nov. 13, 5:30-7:30 p.m.) — Our official #DIW15 kickoff is part of the TechHire Delaware launch at the JPMorgan Chase Technology Center, which is worth seeing itself.
- Security BSides (Friday, Nov. 13-Sunday, Nov. 15) — This annual information security conference landed during #DIW15 and is a good excuse to visit Delaware.
- Business Conference with #Failfest (Monday, Nov. 16, 1-6 p.m.) — Followed by a Women in Tech happy hour, we’ll be hosting an Entrepreneur Bootcamp and our storytelling event about real-life, heart-breaking failure.
- Future of Digital Marketing Conference (Tuesday, Nov. 17, 2-6 p.m.) — One of our most popular recurring events, this sells out annually during Philly Tech Week. Here’s a fresh chance to hear real case studies on the future of content marketing, brand building and other digital marketing.
- Dev Conference with Tech Talks (Thursday, Nov. 19, 8:30 a.m.-8 p.m.) — From beginner coding classes to high-level tech talks, this day is a great way to test or sharpen your software chops. It will be held at Wilmington’s coIN Loft coworking space, a short walk from the Wilmington Amtrak station, also serviced by SEPTA.
- Innovation Celebration closing party (Friday, Nov. 20, 5-8 p.m.) — Like other big parties we host, there will be lots of local tech to play with, an open bar, good food and great conversations. Held at the iconic Hercules Building in downtown Wilmington, this will be the week’s biggest party, with more than 150 people from Delaware and beyond.
We hope to see you at #DIW15!
The newly digitized census count is coming on fast. Here’s what you need to know
14 digital performances you can still catch at 2019’s Fringe Festival
12 Philly resources for technologists and entrepreneurs of color
7 biz resources we learned about at Super Meetup Philly 2019
Philly’s Mini Maker Faire for local inventors and crafters returns this October
You’re invited to celebrate the Philly region’s Inc. 5000 honorees on Sept. 11
NET/WORK is coming back to the Philly ‘burbs on Oct. 10
Paid family leave adds to the perks at Chariot Solutions
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia