(Photo by Kevin Monko)
One of the main goals of Philly Tech Week 2015 presented by Comcast is to promote a broad range of inclusivity efforts relating to the local technology community.
With that in mind, for the third year in a row, we are supporting other mission-minded community groups that are putting on meaningful events during the week with modest microgrants ($300 and under) to help them succeed. (We announced a call for submissions last month.)
We’re excited to announce this year’s six Philly Tech Week 2015 microgrant recipients.
- EvoXLabs: evoHaX – Hack to Change Lives!
- FringeArts & fidget: Experiencing Dust: Dancing with infra-red sensors
- Central High School’s RoboLancers: Philly Robotics Expo
- #techInColor: Speed Mentoring with #techInColor
- NExT Philadelphia: Strengthening your voice in a STEM industry
- Hive76: Philly Tech Week Arcade @ Dilworth and Signature Event
Check out their events (just a few of the 100+ scheduled for the week) while you’re building out your schedule on the Philly Tech Week calendar.
Design Slam 2019 sketches digital and analog solutions for Philly immigrants
Youngmoo Kim on breaking the ‘monoculture’ of tech: ‘What the hell are you waiting for?’
These 11 companies and leaders won 2019 PACT Enterprise Awards
Why working with the University City Science Center was a game changer for 4 Philly startups
Biz growth, branding and leadership: Lessons from #Intro19
An app to connect musicians debuts at Cypher City Spotlight
The Philly revenue department’s data-driven strategy to upend city bureaucracy
Take a peek at the opportunities popping up at PromptWorks
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia