(Photo by Flickr user Patrick Breitenbach, used under a Creative Commons license)
In case you missed it, tomorrow evening in University City, we’re hosting our first-ever live Technical.ly Podcast recording, and it’s shaping up to be worth seeing.
It’s experimental and quirky — us trying a new approach to the community beat reporting we’ve done for years.
Consider the following:
- We’ll give a preview of the fifth annual Philly Tech Week presented by Comcast.
- Our Editor-in-Chief Zack Seward will lead an audio timeline of Philadelphia innovation history that will include notables like Safeguard Scientifics CEO Steve Zarrilli, Trajectify founder Mike Krupit, Indy Hall cofounder Alex Hillman, Textizen founder Michelle Lee and University City Science Center executive Jeanne Mell.
- There will be live performances by chiptunes artist Pixel8ter.
- Our lead reporter Juliana Reyes will share a personal essay on inclusivity in tech with the help of the experimental dancers behind GPS Bodies.
- I will tell a story about how we in the creative class choose home, featuring interviews with noted urbanist Richard Florida and Delaware-based entrepreneur Wes Garnett.
- We’ll close things out with a simple happy hour among friends.
Also, lots of love to our landlord, First Round Capital, including tech lead Ryan Donnon and a major shoutout to “Fresh Air” radio producer John Myers, who also does some freelance audio work on the side (check out his website for more info), for helping us with on-site production.
These 4 language choices can help squash gender bias
Meet these 47 companies hiring tech talent at NET/WORK Philly on Feb. 26
Reclaiming the hiring process might be the new/old business model to sustain local news
This rising fintech startup is helping make life’s expenses easier to manage
Philly Tech Week 2019 will kick off with a festival during Old City’s First Friday
Did Technical.ly help you find a job or progress on your career path?
Celebrate Technical.ly’s 10th anniversary and get yourself a sweet hoodie
Pitch to speak at Comcast Labs Connect’s data security conference
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia