(Photo by Kevin Monko)
The online home of Philly Tech Week 2015 is now live — thanks to our friends over at Jarvus Innovations.
This is a soft launch for the Technical.ly Philly community, so keep us posted if you spot any bugs and check back often as content is being added regularly.
You’ll notice some big changes. For one, we’re also thrilled to announce that Comcast, Philadelphia’s largest technology company, is joining us as the Philly Tech Week 2015 title sponsor. Please join us for Philly Tech Week presented by Comcast from Friday, April 17 through Saturday, April 25.
Comcast first sponsored Philly Tech Week in 2013, and its participation and support of Philly Tech Week has grown each year. The company has been involved with Philly Tech Week events focused on the local impact of technology and has offered expertise on cutting-edge technologies throughout. In 2015, Comcast will host the largest Signature Event yet on Friday, April 24 and will be a significant part of helping to grow Philly Tech Week’s five tracks of content focused on Access, Business, Civic, Creative and Dev issues.
“We are thrilled to be partnering with Technical.ly as the title sponsor of Philly Tech Week,” said Comcast Chief Business Development Officer Sam Schwartz. “This annual event brings together the best and brightest entrepreneurs and the future of technology in Philadelphia. As a startup ourselves in this region more than 50 years ago, we have a strong commitment to the Philadelphia tech community which will only continue to grow as we expand our vertical campus with the Comcast Innovation and Technology Center. We are excited about the opportunities Philly Tech Week will bring to entrepreneurs and look forward to the many ideas and innovations that will be discussed and created.”
This year marks the fifth anniversary of Philly Tech Week. Here are a few things about the website, and the week itself, to get excited about:
- We’re officially inviting everyone. In the past, the week has primarily been Philly-focused. This year, we’re inviting out-of-market speakers and attendees. We hope you, the community, will be excited to share in the important conversations we’re having across the East Coast.
- Bookmark the Full Calendar now. Use this to filter events by date or track. Or, search chronologically in list view.
- Map your week. View the map of events to plan your schedule based on neighborhood. Create an account, bookmark events and plan your own schedule.
- Code of Conduct. We announced this in 2014, but were still proud and committed to providing a harassment-free, accessible experience for everyone.
- Search functionality. Search for events, speakers, dates, tracks, venues and more via new keyword search functionality.
- Community engagement. Bookmark an event and show the world you’re attending #PTW15.
In addition to our open calendar of community-hosted events — 120+ last year — we’ll curate strong, relevant programming that lands on the same day in a similar part of the city. Check out the track day details here.
Philly Tech Week is made awesome by community participation. Check out some of the many ways to get involved. Looking forward to seeing you at Philly Tech Week 2015 presented by Comcast, April 17-25, 2015.
University City Science Center is launching a new program for first-time entrepreneurs
Mark these 8 tech and biz growth events on your January calendar
Philly Forward Forum will feature speakers who aim to disrupt poverty, dismantle racism and kickstart upward mobility
No surprise: SXSW 2021 will be virtual. Vote for these Philly panels to be featured
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia