There are more than 110 events on the calendar for the fourth annual Philly Tech Week 2014 presented by AT&T (April 4-12). That’s overwhelming. So with just 9 days until it all goes down, we’ll be sharing the calendar from one of our team members to give you a sense of where you might want to be.
For anyone out there with an interest in hardware, the arts and marketing, you should follow our Events Manager Kate Leshko.
NAME: Kate Leshko
OCCUPATION: Technical.ly Events Manager
INTERESTS: makers, marketing, creative arts, crafting and events with treats
- Friday April 4, 7-10:30: Arcade at the Oval — I DOMINATED Tetris on my Gameboy so I’m hoping for a chance to play, and a high score on Cira Center Tetris. After I play 20+ local games, I’m parking myself in the Yards Beer Garden and listening to a live set from Cheap Dinosaurs.
- Dev Day: Saturday (April 5, 10:30AM- 6:30) — I’m psyched to take a deep dive into learning a new dev skill at this half-day workshop. Hardest part was deciding which workshop (out of 7) to go to! BONUS: Little Baby’s afternoon ice cream break
- Media Day (Tuesday April 7, 11:30-8) — I’m heading to Northern Liberties and camping out for a full day of programming. Start it off by brushing up on my PR chops, then hear from some big dogs in the marketing world (AT&T, Free People, Seer!). Then, off to the Piazza for to watch a free documentary on Philly’s history.
- Business Day (Wednesday April 9, 8-8) — I’m headed to #Failfest for a little encouragement. Looking forward to hearing amazingly successful folks have had their share of bottoming out. I also heard there’s going to be snacks.
- Hive 76 DIY Music Night (Thurs April 10, 6-10PM) — Headed to Hive 76 to turn the volume up on PTW. I haven’t been to the space in years, curious to check out current projects and hear the latest tunes
- Philly Tech Week Signature Event (Friday April 11, 7-10) — If I had a professional bucket list, throwing an event in the lobby of Comcast could be on it. My goal leading up to this event? Get filmed at another tech week event, so my mug shows up on the Comcast big screen when we show a wrap video!
It’s official: Tetris on the Cira Centre named world’s largest videogame
Philly Tech Week 2014 presented by AT&T media roundup
Watch City Council hearing about IT business competitiveness
Why this dev planted roots at The Philadelphia Inquirer after starting her career abroad
‘Gray hair does not mean senile’: how seniors fit into digital access
Cira Centre Tetris media coverage: 200+ links for Philly Tech Week kickoff
‘Don’t take dumb money’: Mobiquity cofounder Scott Snyder
Meet these 10 hiring companies at Super Meetup
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia