(Photo courtesy of PHLCVB)
At South by Southwest but homesick for Philly?
VisitPhilly is throwing a Homesick Philly party at the festival on March 13. It’ll feature Philly musicians Chill Moody and Bleeding Rainbow and serve Victory Beer.
Last year, the Philadelphia Convention and Visitors Bureau flew a banner over Austin to promote Philly. Word is that they’ll be doing it again.
If we missed you, tell us in the comments and we’ll add you.
And don’t forget about our #notatSXSW party on March 11 for everyone else who won’t be flying to Austin. It’ll be at the Philly Game Forge in Old City and also serve as a way to get excited for the fast approaching Philly Tech Week Presented by AT&T (April 4-12).
- Chanelle Henry, the Philly-based director of UX for New York City business consulting firm Blue Wolf
- Michael Leis, senior vice president of social strategy for Digitas Health
- John Paul Titlow, associate editor for FastCompany’s FastCoLabs
- Comcast staffers like Ryan Olah, who does social media for Comcast’s talent acquisition arm, and Arpit Mathur and other engineers on the Comcast Innovation Labs team
- Lamps.com, the Old City-based ecommerce company
- Southwork, the Philly band from Tony Trov, is playing a series of concerts March 6 to March 15. Find the schedule here.
- UX designer and DJ Maria Sciarrino is a panelist on a talk about “Getting Your Music Heard in the Digital Age” on March 12
The newly digitized census count is coming on fast. Here’s what you need to know
14 digital performances you can still catch at 2019’s Fringe Festival
12 Philly resources for technologists and entrepreneurs of color
7 biz resources we learned about at Super Meetup Philly 2019
Philly’s Mini Maker Faire for local inventors and crafters returns this October
You’re invited to celebrate the Philly region’s Inc. 5000 honorees on Sept. 11
NET/WORK is coming back to the Philly ‘burbs on Oct. 10
Paid family leave adds to the perks at Chariot Solutions
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia