(Photo by Flickr user Wayne Hsieh, used under a Creative Commons license)
More than 70 representatives from Sacramento’s business community visited Philadelphia last month to learn about the development of an innovation community.
It was the first time the annual Sacramento Metro Chamber’s study mission came to Philadelphia. The PHL Convention and Visitors Bureau helped coordinate, including its marketing director Danielle Cohn.
Featuring tours (one of N3rd Street), interviews and panel discussions with a broad coalition of Philadelphia creative business community members, including, full disclosure, one with this reporter.
Hear about the Sacramento delegation’s experience here:
- Editorial by Mayor Carol Garcia of Roseville, The Sacramento Bee
- Editorial by CEO Bill Mueller of Valley Vision, Mayor of Elk Grove Gary Davis & Sacramento City Councilmember Steve Hansen; published in Sacramento Business Journal, Oct 4th.
- Blog post by participant Matt Kolbert
- Blog post by Trip Chair Christine Ault and Vice Trip Chair Tim Murphy
- Blog Post by Valley Vision CEO Bill Mueller
- Blog Post by SARTA board member David Sanders
To boot, Alex Hillman, who also addressed the group, will return the favor by visiting Sacramento.-30-
Penn neuroscientist named to MIT innovators list [Links Roundup]
CyclePhilly mobile app has logged more than 5K trips [Links Roundup]
How Indy Hall changed me [Links Roundup]
Why Deacom’s team prioritizes collaboration and continuous improvement
Drexel’s entrepreneurship school to host TechGirlz summer camp [Links]
Philly Tech Week 2014 presented by AT&T media roundup
Let’s create a worldwide N3rd Street movement: ideas from community meeting
Engineers have Vistar Media’s Philly office all to themselves
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia