On WeWorkInPhilly, a community-built guide to Philly tech, you can now search for companies that are hiring.
That was one update to the guide that hackers built at last weekend’s hackathon held at PeopleLinx. More than 30 people attended the event, said ArcWeb founder Chris Cera, and nine developers were trained in the WeWorkInPhilly codebase.
The group reworked the site, which was actually broken for the past month due to social media changes. Keith Fitzgerald, CTO of PeopleLinx, helped to organize and lead the event.
Fitzgerald and Cera taking leadership is part of making WeWorkinPhilly a community resource, as they have helped build on what developer Linus Graybill and Indy Hall’s Alex Hillman first launched. No organization owns it, all support on it comes voluntary.
If you missed this one, not to worry: there will be a follow up.
Below, check out what hackers accomplished, as per an update from Cera:
- Created a product roadmap in the github issue tracker.
- Submitted a lot of issues to the issue tracker based on product reviews
- Created API documentation
- Submitted official OpenDataPhilly project listing:
- Fixed Twitter and LinkedIn authentication
- Upgraded to Ruby 1.9.2
- Upgraded to Rails 3.2.14
- Randomized the order of companies, groups, and projects in listings
- Added Company type and region to the Company information
- Add quick link to company career page in search results
- Company page listing now shows companies that are hiring
Get a primer on fact checking and digital literacy from this Wikipedian in residence
Yes, Julia Child can be a role model for women in tech
Why it matters that Philly has a conference for women of color in tech
Why Deacom’s team prioritizes collaboration and continuous improvement
Experts from Google, Linode and more will be speaking at #DevConf19
Here’s what to expect at the #PTW19 Dev Conference
Amplify Philly drew 3,500 fans at SXSW. But what exactly does it mean?
Engineers have Vistar Media’s Philly office all to themselves
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia