It’s that time of the year again, when South by Southwest lets the public choose who will present at the conference. Help get Philly on the map by supporting these 13 talks from Philly tech scene members in SXSW’s Panel Picker.
If we missed you, let us know in the comments.
- Marketing Without Words: The Visual Revolution: “How can a digital marketer find success in the new world of marketing without words? Learn from a panel of brand rock stars from Whole Foods, Neiman Marcus & Michaels,” moderated by Center City visual analytics firm Curalate.
- Youth Services Collaboratives & Collective Impact: “The Philadelphia Youth Network will share their experience developing a performance management system and practices that have allowed them to initiate systemic reform and programmatic interventions that have increased high school graduation rates, and workforce exposure for youth throughout Philadelphia and the Delaware Valley region.”
- America on Top: Raising Student Completion Rates: “Hear from Heather Hiles of Pathbrite, Grace Cannon of the School District of Philadelphia (Director of Curriculum Development and Instruction at Philadelphia YouthBuild Charter School), Julie DeLello of UT Tyler, and David Sanchez of Education Elements about how new portfolio learning, student engagement and evaluation technologies are putting America’s students back on top by giving them more control over their education paths and changing the way people teach, learn and grow.”
- Network Design Thinking & Black Male Engagement: “Learn how the Knight Foundation’s Black Male Engagement (BMe) network was built to engage, identify and publicly celebrate black men who are giving back to their communities.”
- How Not To Hate Your Agency (Or Your Client): “How can agencies and startups create collaborative, mutually beneficial, lasting partnerships?” A session led by SEER Interactive and its client AWeber.
- Data to Go: Mobile API Design: “This talk [from AWeber mobile platform architect Chuck Greb] introduces a set of 3 principles for good mobile API design that will speed up performance, enable better resource management, and improve the overall user experience of your next mobile app.”
- Introducing User Experience (UX) Into a Culture: “In this talk, [AWeber UX designer] Jessica Ivins will review the techniques she used to introduce user experience (UX) into a culture with no formal UX process.”
- Pixels, Plows & Personas: The UX of Food Deserts: “This presentation [by local author and Anikto founder Kel Smith] will examine the cultural and societal impact of technology on food communities, and we’ll explore why user-centered design may be the key to solving one of our most fundamental human dilemmas.”
- Developers -The Missing Link for Girls In Tech: “In this talk, [TechGirlz founder Tracey Welson-Rossman] will give tips and steps to create a structured way to engage and use this community to alter the course of girls in tech.”
- Israeli Innovation in the US: “This panel [moderated by former Philadelphian and founder of the American-Israel Business Lab Brett Goldman and featuring SeventySix Capital managing director Wayne Kimmel] will tell the stories focused on the effects of entrepreneurship as it relates to American college students as well children and adults in remote African Villages. It will also discuss how the lessons learned from Israel can be translated to hands on learning pretty much anywhere through the creation of a replicable, scalable and sustainable program.”
- MILFs: Moms I’d Like to Friend: “This presentation [from Center City digital agency NetPlus] will cover 2 successful national brand case studies where casual gaming played a major role while attracting better quality fans.”
- Me, Myself & Dan: Working with My Twin Brother: “Our presentation will track our collaborative process through our work as Interactive Art Directors to our experiences moonlighting as Indie Game Developers.” From from two staffers at Center City digital agency NetPlus.
- Exploding Content in the Digital Age: “In this session you will hear from a variety of experienced, innovative folks—charter and public, P-20, and special needs educators—as they discuss and consider their adventures with content in the digital age.” Featuring Autism Expressed founder Michele McKeone, Science Leadership Academy‘s Chris Lehmann and Mary Beth Hertz and University of Pennsylvania Graduate School of Education’s Amy Stornaiuolo.
The Amplify Philly house will make a comeback at SXSW 2019
The Amplify Philly crew is starting to come together for 2019
5 lessons from the Amplify Philly crew at SXSW
Pitch to speak at Comcast Labs Connect’s data security conference
At SXSW, a two-story ‘house’ hopes to #AmplifyPhilly
Vote for the 41 Philly talks vying for a spot on SXSW’s PanelPicker
Mayor Kenney on his #SXSW trip: ‘Tech has to be part of the conversation’
How teamwork is setting the standard for data standardization at Pinnacle 21
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia