The intersection of mobile, eCommerce and marketing runs through nearly a dozen of the 100 Philly Tech Week events. So make an entire week of your mobile immersion and come for the largest trends conversation of the 10-day celebration.
Next Friday, April 26, join Urban Outfitters and Philly Tech Week presented by AT&T for an afternoon of learning and exchange about innovative business trends happening on the web across mobile, marketing and eCommerce born right here in Philadelphia.
Other Mobile events during Philly Tech Week
Managing Mobility in the BYOD Era [Center City]
Mobile Monday Mid-Atlantic 6th Annual Demo Night [University City]
Apps: From Concept to App Store [Callowhill]
What You Need to Take Your Business Mobile [Avenue of the Arts]
Building iOS Mobile Apps 101 [University City]
Technically Challenged: Business Plan Challenge [University City]
Come for lightning talks on innovation in these web-focused sectors, broader panels on the mobile, marketing and ecommerce tracks, and networking that brings these topics back together.
RSVP for this free event HERE. And stay for PTW’s Signature Event, happening immediately afterward at URBN.
3:30pm – 4:30pm: Lightning demos
- Advanced customer engagement in retail and ecommerce — Jason Grandelli, Mobile Developer, URBN
- The 80’s Called, They Want Their Keypad Back — In this talk we’ll take a quick look at LifeShield’s next user experience and mobile strategy for home security and automation. Doug Bellenger, LifeShield and Don Coleman, Director of Consulting, Chariot Solutions
- Events are mobile — Most events are themselves mobile. Because of this, the technology that the event creator uses to sell and redeem tickets must be mobile too. A glimpse at how TicketLeap is taking advantage of these and opportunities. Tim Raybould, CEO, TicketLeap
- 5x Faster — How Airbnb sped up its mobile web app using Node.js and Backbone.js. Spike Brehm, Frontend Engineer, AirBNB
- Video Commerce & RevZilla — RevZilla uses video in a multitude of ways to increase conversion, create loyalty and build its brand. In this demo RevZilla’s marriage of video, technology and eCommerce will be discussed. Anthony Bucci, Co-founder, Revzilla
- Straightening out Spaghetti With Angular — Patrick Kettner, Web Developer, URBN
- Creating new mobile commerce experiences — Showing off a customizer that works mobile devices and integrates into eCommerce. Robert Brodie, Head of Technology Experience, Sumo Heavy Industries
- Capturing Local Flavor with the Di Bruno Bros Virtual Cheesemonger — O3World worked with Di Bruno Bros. to create the Virtual Cheesemonger, a recommendation engine that recreates the in-store experience of working with an expert to make the online experience as true to life as possible. We’ll break down what the VCM is, how we did it, and how it could get even better. Robby Perdue, Account Strategist, 03World
- New technologies in the payments industry — Learn how this local company is changing the way companies are integrating payments with online shopping carts and business management software, mobile payments, and credit card security. Kevin Gainer, Chief Sales Officer, CardConnect
- Know your customer, Take Action! — In this demo you will see how Monetate collects and organizes Big Data into actionable segments then launch website optimization campaigns in seconds. Blair Lyon, VP Marketing, Monetate
- Making Ecommerce & Email Marketing Easier for Online Sellers — Email marketing platform Aweber has unveiled dozens of apps to help small businesses boost their marketing. Its recent Etsy integration took a standard approach a few steps further. Hunter Boyle, Sr. Business Development Manager, AWeber
- A/B Testing in 3 minutes — Get a feel for how A/B testing can improve metrics and help you create custom interactions with customers. Frank Panko, Founder, View From My Seat
- Marketing Without Words — How brands are leveraging images to turn fans into fanatics. Apu Gupta, Co-founder, Curalate.
- Coremetrics: Web Analytics in an App World — Todd Heasley (Senior Mobile Developer) and Greg Andricsak (Manager, Web & Mobile Analytics), Urban Outfitters
4:30-5:30pm: Concurrent panels
Marketing: A/B Testing and Analytics
- Blair Lyon, Monetate, VP of Marketing
- Tristan Handy, RJMetrics, Director of Marketing
- Scott Wasserman, Artisan, Founder & CTO
- Jim Davis, URBN, Director of Web and Customer Analytics
- Moderater: Frank Panko, A View From My Seat, Cofounder & CTO
eCommerce: Recreating the Retail Experience
- Anthony Bucci, Co-founder, Revzilla
- Darren Hill, Co-founder, WebLinc
- Robert Brodie, Head of Technology Experience, Sumo Heavy Industries
- Moderator: Jed Paulson, Director of Marketing and Ecommerce, Free People
Mobile: Native Apps, Responsive Web Development and the New Mobile Ecosystem
- Don Coleman, Director of Consulting, Chariot Solutions
- Mike Gadsby, Partner & Creative Director, 03World
- Corey Leigh Latislaw, Android Architect
- Christopher Hunter, URBN, Mobile Development Manager
- Moderator: Brian James Kirk, co-founder Technical.ly
And after the event, please join us for Philly Tech Week’s closing reception:
- 6:00pm—Signature Event: Come out to the annual premiere Philly Tech Week Signature Event presented by AT&T, a cocktail reception meets an interactive local technology expo and demo party. See video of last year’s event here.
Fort Washington-based Chariot Solutions is focused on putting its people first
PHL International’s new website just arrived, thanks to this Philly design agency
City Council mulls a ban on cashless stores
Why this dev planted roots at The Philadelphia Inquirer after starting her career abroad
Temple University partners with Apple to put student IDs on iWatch, iPhone
Did this Philly studio build the future of fighting games?
Sick of spotty smartphone streaming? Connectify’s latest is here for you
Meet these 10 hiring companies at Super Meetup
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia