- Soapy: an even better anti-SOPA browser plugin [boingboing] — From West Philly’s Griffin Boyce
- NextFab Studio is expanding from University City to a second location on Washington Avenue in South Philadelphia, NakedPhilly reports.
- Mayor Nutter Opens New Computer Center [City of Philadelphia] — in Frankford through Philly Rising program
- Former FM ‘pirate’ works to change rules [Inquirer] — an FCC win for Prometheus Radio
- The Final Buzzer [Philly Sports Daily] — the nearly year-and-a-half old daily local sports site is closing its doors
- A City Is A Startup: The Rise Of The Mayor-Entrepreneur [Tech Crunch] –No direct Philly mention
- Digital signage company Scala has partnered with Isabella Products to provide a USB stick with WiFi and 3G technologies to allow content to be displayed on any digital display using the wireless device.
- iMany Inc., the Center City company focused on pricing incentive and contract lifecycle management, has rebranded as Revitas.
- A social-network constitution [Inquirer] — an op-ed. Full Disclosure: this reporter led a panel discussion with the op-ed’s author on its subject
- Hackathon: PAFA Installation [Hive76] — tomorrow 10am-2pm
- Neat Company announced in a press release that it’s introducing cloud and mobile services at CES 2012 to compliment its line of scanning hardware and software. Customers will be able to share documents across a cloud network and also capture receipts using iOS and Android devices.
- Meeting management tool StarCite was acquired by San Diego’s Active Network for $57 million, as reported by a number of outlets, including PhillyInc and the Philadelphia Business Journal.
- An IT training center opened in Malvern this week called TECHbiz Learning, which was opened in Philadelphia and in New York City by IT consultant Micro Strategies Inc.. TECHBiz provides monthly lectures for technical teams and management teams.
- At the Philadelphia Home Show, energy efficiency evaluation company Mark Group held a musical to get its message out. See it below.
Companies: Hive76, iMany, Mark Group, Neat Company, NextFab, Philly Sports Daily, Prometheus Radio Project, Revitas, Scala, StarCite
This Drexel prof says Twitter is uncivil. So he’s projecting your tweets on a building
The (nearly) complete oral history of the first 10 years of Philly Tech Week
‘The Culture Delivered’: Philly startup Black and Mobile appears in Pharrell and Jay-Z’s ‘Entrepreneur’ video
It’s been a decade. Watch the preview video for the 10th annual Philly Tech Week
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia