Every Thursday morning at 8:30 a.m. EST, find all the stories you need to know about your friendly telecommunications giant in the Comcast Roundup. Get an email subscription for our weekly Comcast roundup or other news updates.
- Disney, Comcast And Why TV Everywhere Alone Is Not Enough [paidContent]
- Comcast-Disney Pact Signals More Deals Aimed at Fighting Netflix [Bloomberg]
- Comcast, AstraZeneca in coalition to control health benefits spending [Philadelphia Business Journal]
- Comcast Completes DNSSEC Deployment [Comcast Voices] — “I am pleased to announce that Comcast, the largest ISP in the U.S., is the first large ISP in the North America to have fully implemented Domain Name System Security Extensions (DNSSEC),” which precipitated the end of its domain helper program. Then TechDirt does the important deed of tying this to its support of SOPA.
MIGHT BE INTERESTING
- AnyPlay Brings Live TV to the Tablet [Comcast Voices] — Read more from CNet here.
- Comcast’s new set-top streams live TV to DLNA devices [Gigaom]
- Comcast CFO: NBCUniversal Must Address Profit Drop at Film Studio [Hollywood Reporter]
- Comcast lights up AnyPlay for in-home live TV iPad streaming, Xoom support ‘coming soon’ [Engadget]
- Universal Sports Transitions From Multicast Distribution, Inking Deals with Six Providers [Multichannel News] — “Comcast’s NBC Sports Group owns a minority stake in Universal Sports,” says Philly Tech News.
- Today’s Cable Guy, Upgraded and Better-Dressed [New York Times] — “The cable guy is becoming sleeker and more sophisticated, just like the televisions and computers he installs. “
- Comcast, Others Beware: Traditional TV Viewing Plummeting, Says Survey [V2M] — “An annual survey from Accenture found that the percentage of consumers watching broadcast or cable television in a typical week on the boob tube has plummeted from 71 percent in 2009 to just 48 percent last year. “
GIVE A GLANCE
- Dish Network Reaches Deal to Distribute Univision Programming [Media Decoder: New York Times] — Noting that Dish competitor Comcast has amped up its Spanish-language programming through its Telemundo subsidiary
- Comcast Cable hires multicultural services manager [Philadelphia Business Journal] — “Comcast Cable said Thursday that Ruben Mendiola has joined it as vice president and general manager of multicultural services.”
- Winter Classic 2012 Ratings Are The Worst In Event’s History [SB Nation]
- Comcast coughs up refunds, revelations of service fee [WTOP] — In Montgomery County, Maryland
- Philly Tech News: 2011 Highlights [Philly Tech News] — Highlighting the Comcast NBC merger finalization and its sale of spectrum to Verizon
- CES: Comcast To Speed Up Tru2way Set-Tops With Myriad’s Java Software Swiss Software Developer to Integrate JVM Into MSO’s Device Reference Design Kit [Multichannel News]
- Comcast ‘Completes’ Docsis 3.0 Rollout (Light Reading Cable)
CES 2020: The future of mobility is bright (and electric)
Philly should get a crew together for CES 2018: Mohamed Zerban
Here are a few Philly tech companies stunting at CES 2017
Check out the Philly squad at #CES2016
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia