- Checkpoint slashes 3Q, annual outlook; shares dive [AP via Business Week] From Philly Tech News: Center City-based “company now plans 1,000 employee reduction vs. 200 in prior plan; CEO cites sudden downturn of business in Europe.” Checkpoint moved to Philly from Gloucester County last fall.
- Learn how we helped to fabricate the TEDxPhilly sign [NextFab Studio]
- Gift List by QVC [Tim Quirino’s blog] — The QVC developer and Geekadelphia co-founder shows off the QVC’s new app
- Greater Philadelphia Chamber adds education focus [Philadelphia Business Journal]
- Geek of the Week: Brady Russell: Creator of the Webcomic Eat the Babies [Geekadelphia]
- Philly Photo Day is Oct. 28 [Geekadelphia]
- Teva decides fate of Cephalon offices [Philadelphia Business Journal] — “Following the completion of Teva’s takeover of Cephalon Friday, a Teva spokeswoman confirmed that Cephalon’s corporate headquarters in Frazer, Pa.” More details on the deal here.
- New startup accelerator, Novotorium, takes shape in Bucks; to launch next month [Philly Tech News]
- Digitas/Razorfish Health CEO Kramer to Retire by Year’s End (MediaBistro: AgencySpy)
- MyYearbook.com tops business growth list [PhillyBurbs.com]
- NJ Transit Starts Tap-And-Pay Smartphone Option With Google [Bloomberg]
- Early stage companies target health sector at Philadelphia conference [Med City News]
- Apps for SEPTA Recap [Vox Populi] — Including video from sponsor TicketLeap of the hackathon Technically Philly co-sponsored
Follow along as this Philly urbanist rides SEPTA … All. Day. Long.
Check out this data viz on SEPTA’s elevator accessibility
50 years ago, Garrett Brown changed film. Now he has an invention for himself
7 biz resources we learned about at Super Meetup Philly 2019
Live streaming and in-app gifting helped Meet Group beat its 2018 revenue goals
Today is the last day to register to vote in Pa.
What’s the latest on the KOP rail project?
Paid family leave adds to the perks at Chariot Solutions
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia