More than $1 million in early-stage capital is being invested in six local companies by Ben Franklin Technology Partners, according to a press release this morning.
The investment includes $200,000 for a Chester startup, OneTwoSee, whose COO and CEO appear to have come from the recently shuttered Malvern branch of Navteq, a Nokia-owned geospatial company, which laid off 300 employees from Malvern this summer.
The announcement also includes $25,000 for TicketLeap, $200,00 for Bucks County’s AssetVUE which provides real-time tracking assets for data centers; $250,000 for Wayne’s Essential Medical, focused on cardiac catheterizations in leg arteries; $200,000 for Philly’s Novetas Solutions, which uses recycled glass for blast cleaning, $150,000 for Villanova’s Real-Time Tomography, which creates medical image processing software.
More on those companies, from the release, after the jump.
- AssetVUE provides hardware, strategies, support, assembly and upgrades for data centers. The company has developed an inventory management and migration system based on RFID technology used primarily within the Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) framework. The tool enables data center operations teams to make decisions related to IT asset management and monitoring, IT asset security and, migration of IT assets from an existing to a new facility. Once assets are in place and validated, AssetVUE ensures those assets stay where they belong with real-time asset tracking and activation of security check points (e.g. located at the doors of the data center, warehouse, shipping dock, or IT staging area). AssetVue is led by Sean Cotter, President; and Gary Aron, Vice President of Business Development.
- Essential Medical is developing innovative products for use in cardiac catheterizations in leg arteries. The company is led by Greg Walters, President and CEO.
- OneTwoSee products and services allow TV viewers to use mobile devices to play along with their favorite shows and other viewers in a fun and meaningful way, while providing advertisers with a sophisticated platform for reaching those viewers.
MobileReactor, LLC is led by Chris Reynolds, CEO; Jason Angelides, COO; and Stu Farber, CTO.
- Novetas Solutions processes and markets recycled glass that is crushed through a patent-pending grinding process. The company’s main product, New Age Blast Media, is an alternative, expendable abrasive used for blast cleaning and preparation of surfaces for subsequent painting or coating. The product has been sold in the US since 2008. Glass grit is becoming a preferred expendable abrasive due to growing health concerns related to traditional blasting media (e.g. crushed coal slag), better productivity, and improved final quality results. Novetas Solutions is led by Paul Mellon, Jr., President and CEO.
- Real-Time Tomography develops state-of-the-art image processing and image reconstruction solutions for the next generation of 2D and 3D medical imaging systems. Real-Time’s software imaging products are cost-effective and provide efficient solutions for manufacturers of medical imaging systems. These solutions can easily be adapted to optimize new and existing systems, accelerating manufacturers’ products time to market. Real Time is led by Susan Ng, President and CEO, and Peter Ringer, CTO.
- TicketLeap, Inc. is an e-commerce company that enables event organizers to sell tickets to their events online. Services include event registration, event promotion, and virtual box office software. The company also provides barcode scanning, instant credit card swiping, customized ticket design, and ticket tracking services. TicketLeap, Inc. is led by Christopher Stanchak, Founder & CEO; Tim Raybould, CFO; and Keith Fitzgerald, CTO. Christopher Stanchak previously worked at GSI Commerce, a global e-commerce leader, where he managed the National Hockey League’s online operations.
Philadelphia prayed for a tech unicorn with a household name. Now what?
Here’s what we know about goPuff’s reported $750M SoftBank investment
When it comes to diversity, Vanguard puts its money where its mouth is
Say ‘Ahoy’ to the technical opportunities at Vanguard
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia