Every Thursday morning at 8:30 a.m. EST, find all the stories you need to know about your friendly telecommunications giant in the Comcast Roundup. Get an e-mail subscri ption for our Comcast news updates.
- Comcast-Spectacor’s ‘quiet, steady ascent’ [Philadelphia Business Journal] — Profile on the company, or a portion of it before a paywall is enacted.
MIGHT BE WORTH IT
- Comcast, modem maker Zoom settle [Philadelphia Business Journal] — “Philadelphia cable giant Comcast has settled a Federal Communications Commission complaint brought by modem maker Zoom Telephonics regarding Comcast’s requirements for modems on its systems, the Associated Press reports.”
- Comcast Courts the Cloud [Light Reading] — ‘cloud’ based technologies are more efficient than “the legacy set-top environment.”
Below, Brian Roberts interview on ‘Bloomberg West,’ Versus and NBC combining on NHL programming and more.
GIVE A GLANCE
- Comcast seeks edge in Hispanic market with website [Reuters]
- The cable-TV installation will be easy. Want to buy some property under the Brooklyn Bridge? [Washington Post] –Alternate headline: “Old man has trouble installing cable internet, writes column”
- EXCLUSIVE: NBC and Versus Join To Make History for NHL Ad campaign to promote Stanley Cup playoffs to air on both networks [Broadcasting & Cable]
- Comcast Explores Network DVRs [Light Reading Cable]
- Comcast shifting some Denver-area operations to East Coast [Denver Post] — H/T PTN
- Comcast Hires Lehman as NBCUniversal’s New Digital Boss [All Things Digital: MediaMemo]
Below, Comcast CEO Brian Roberts on ‘Bloomberg West,’ talking the economy and, yes, saying he likes ’30 Rock’
To swipe or not to swipe? How Philadelphians are feeling about virtual pandemic dating
The Meet Group just launched a livestreaming dating game
50 years ago, Garrett Brown changed film. Now he has an invention for himself
Live streaming and in-app gifting helped Meet Group beat its 2018 revenue goals
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia