It was followed the next day by our first piece of news, an item on free cell service for low income Pennsylvanians and since then every weekday since, we’ve offered a little bit of coverage and clarity on a still growing technology community of creatives, entrepreneurs, technologists and geek heads. This is our 1,232nd post here.
Last year for our birthday, we celebrated with a Philly Startup Leaders Fishbowl to move on our building a business. Plenty has happened internally since, and we’re tried to keep you apprised so our community of readers was part of our growth as a startup vying for sustainability like many of you.
Of our three founders, two of us are now full-time, and last month featured about 17,000 unique visitors to the site, clicking through to nearly three pages per visit, despite our 1,800 RSS and 500 email subscribers receiving a full feed. We have also long curated a conversation with our more than 3,000 Twitter followers.
In addition to covering this community and its trends, with your support we are proud to say we’ve done the following in the past two years:
- We launched Technically Media, a parent publishing consultancy company.
- We’ve started a grant-funded research project on the open data movement in Philadelphia.
- We have started organizing the first ever Philly Tech Week, to be held April 25-30.
- We kicked off a tech startup demo event called Switch Philly to help show off our scene.
- We’ve grown a national journalism conference called BarCamp NewsInnovation.
- We pitched a News Inkubator concept that is informing major investment in Philadelphia journalism.
Now we hope to move from startup toward established business and bring all of these concepts together. Thank you for supporting us. We look forward to many more years growing together.
NET/WORK is coming back to the Philly ‘burbs on Oct. 10
Meet our team: Get to know the people who power Technical.ly’s events, biz and editorial
Reclaiming the hiring process might be the new/old business model to sustain local news
7 biz resources we learned about at Super Meetup Philly 2019
Celebrating Technical.ly’s 10th anniversary
You’ll want to check out Technical.ly’s 2019 editorial calendar
We’re celebrating Technical.ly members: Become one today to join our Dec. 11 happy hour
Paid family leave adds to the perks at Chariot Solutions
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia