Every Thursday morning at 8:30 a.m. EST, find all the stories you need to know about your friendly telecommunications giant in the Comcast Roundup. Get an e-mail subscription for our Comcast news updates.
- Comcast Chief Roberts Urges FCC Members to Approve NBC Purchase [Bloomberg] — “Comcast Corp. Chief Executive Officer Brian Roberts asked two Federal Communications Commission members for the agency’s prompt approval of the cable company’s purchase of NBC Universal, according to a filing. “
- Comcast’s live TV iPad app is running into resistance from cable networks [ZDNet] — “TV Everywhere is looking like it’s getting stuck at home. Comcast’s Xfinity TV app, which the cable giant promised would bring live programming and video on-demand choices to iPads and Android tablets later this year, has run afoul of cable networks that don’t think Comcast has the right to deliver its shows to these new devices.”
MIGHT BE OF INTEREST
- Comcast, NBC round up Hill support [Politico]
- More Legislators Push for Comcast/NBCU [Broadcast and Cable] — “Add seven more congressfolk to the list of those who have written the FCC to ask it to approve the Comcast/NBCU deal expeditiously.”
- FCC May Force Comcast to Unbundle Modems [Light Reading] — As part of NBC deal regulatory concessions.
- Comcast cuts cost of entry-level cable package 25 percent [Inquirer]
- Comcast, library offering digital glimpse of JFK [Boston Globe]
- Voices Weigh in as FCC Nears Vote on Comcast-NBC Universal Venture [Comcast blog] — David L. Cohen writes
- Comcast-NBC merger expected to have net neutrality conditions [Post Tech: Washington Post]
- Comcast’s Gilford Jumps To ABC As SVP, Digital Media [paidContent]
- The Buzz from CES 2011 – Trends to Watch [Comcast blog] — Perspective on the major Las Vegas event.
Comcast Roundup: An acquisition, layoffs and a DC deal
Philly should get a crew together for CES 2018: Mohamed Zerban
Here are a few Philly tech companies stunting at CES 2017
Why Linode sent this manager to Mumbai for 7 months
These parents are bringing kids’ books to the iPad, and they got a $150K federal grant to do it
What’s it like working the Free Library’s E-Gadget Helpdesk?
FCC chairman lays out plans for protecting net neutrality [Comcast Roundup]
This financial services firm offers global opportunity in the heart of Philly
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia