Every Thursday morning at 8:30 a.m. EST, find all the stories you need to know about your friendly telecommunications giant in the Comcast Roundup. Get an e-mail subscription for our Comcast news updates.
- Post Tech:Comcast-NBCU merger review expected to go into 2011: analyst [Washington Post]
- Comcast Has Answers for FCC, Responses concerned with distribution agreements, rates, proprietary info [Broadcasting and Cable]
Below, the politics of Hulu, don’t mess with Texas and more.
MIGHT BE OF INTEREST
- What Was Fox’s Hulu Blackout Really All About? [NewTeeVee] — Cablevision and Fox are in a scuffle in the New York City market. As a “warning shot,” Fox closed Hulu off for Cablevision internet users. Might it bring to light for the FCC another concern about the Comcast-NBC deal, in which they will have great control over the dominant online video service.
- Cablevision/Fox Spat Could Affect Comcast/NBCU Deal [The Wrap]
- Comcast begins DNS security rollout [NetworkWorld] — “Comcast has begun migrating its customers to a new Internet security mechanism that will help protect them from being inadvertently routed to phony Web pages for pharming attacks, identity theft and other scams.” H/T PTN
- Comcast targets Lone Star State, causing big money to flow [Washington Examiner] — Landing in the Houston market may have pushed Fox Sports to drop big figures on exclusive deals with the Texas Rangers.
- Comcast Campaign Giving Jumps by Half as U.S. Weighs NBC Deal [Bloomberg] — More lobbying
- With a deal in the oven, Comcast PAC ups the ante [RBR]
GIVE A GLANCE
- Cablevision, Fox flap has Hamilton Mayor John Bencivengo courting Comcast [The Trentonian]
- Mediation Anyone? Comcast, Tennis Channel Agree to Carriage Umpire [Multichannel News] — “Tennis Channel argues that Comcast is favoring its own similarly situated networks Versus and Golf Channel by placing them on more widely viewed tiers.”
- Comcast plans iPad app [Stock Briefings]
- UBS Analyst Cites Four Reasons to Buy Comcast Shares [Hollywood Reporter]
- Phillies’ Comcast ratings set another record [Philadelphia Business Journal]
When there is just too much Comcast news to follow, the Comcast Roundup will be there every Thursday morning at 8:30 a.m. EST
Comcast Roundup: An acquisition, layoffs and a DC deal
FCC chairman lays out plans for protecting net neutrality [Comcast Roundup]
Comcast ghostwrote politicians’ letters supporting TWC merger [Comcast Roundup]
Comcast says it will launch super-fast gigabit internet this year [Comcast Roundup]
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia