Every Thursday morning at 8:30 a.m. EST, find all the stories you need to know about your friendly telecommunications giant in the Comcast Roundup. Get an e-mail subscription for our Comcast news updates.
- Bloomberg reports that 11 members of the Congressional Black Caucus called for the FCC to approve the Comcast-NBC deal, noting the company’s commitment to diversity.
- Multichannel News gives a ‘view from the top’ on the NBC deal, including noting that the acquisition could be passed as soon as after Thanksgiving.
- The LA Times reports on the continued effort by Dish and DirecTV to get coverage from Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia, after filing a formal request for access last month, a March conclusion to the Versus debate and word of resolving the situation in January.
MIGHT BE OF INTEREST
- The San Francisco Chronicle reports that Comcast has launched a partnership with Fanvibe, a social sports fan service startup from noted Bay Area incubator Y-Combinator.
- The New York Times reports that Comcast signed a 10-year deal with CBS, securing subscriber fees for local stations and creating a foundation to keep CBS in the ‘TV Everywhere’ video streaming project.
GIVE A GLANCE
- Gizmodo has one of those bills that threaten a customer with service cutoff if he or she doesn’t pay $0.00. H/T PTN Consumerist posted one of these in May 2009.
- Comcast announced additions to thePlatform, the video publishing startup the company owns, in a broad attempt to, as Light Reading reports, make web video nearer to traditional TV in its control and ability to be authenticated.
- As we previously reported, Frank Eliason behind @ComcastCares has left for Citi, getting a warm goodbye and, as seen below, leaving behind a team following his social media outreach path.
When there is just too much Comcast news to follow, the Comcast Roundup will be there every Thursday morning at 8:30 a.m. EST-30-
PhillyCAM is in DC testifying before the FCC today
Comcast Ventures participates in $11M round for fantasy sports service [Comcast Roundup]
Comcast says it has exceeded many FCC conditions for its NBC acquisition [Roundup]
Comcast to start selling Verizon mobile in early 2012, described as ‘quadruple play’ [ROUNDUP]
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia