- The New York Times reports that two University of Pennsylvania professors are challenging Alzheimer’s disease with a new drug-discovery program and a $1.5 million robot.
- Inc. magazine lists Andrew Kortina and Iqram Magdon-Ismail of mobile payment service Venmo on their 30 under 30.
MIGHT BE OF INTEREST
- Geekadelphia reports on PHILO, a Philadelphia based startup connecting social media and TV watching.
- The Flightster blog shares something of an essay on Philadelphia still being a city of revolution, focusing on Indy Hall, Nat Mechanics and Old City.
GIVE A GLANCE
- Peter Key at the Philadelphia Business Journal reports that “RoseAnn Rosenthal, the president and CEO of Ben Franklin Technology Partners of Southeastern Pennsylvania, has been selected by U.S. Commerce Secretary Gary Locke to be a member of the National Advisory Council on Innovation and Entrepreneurship.”
- On his personal blog, Duck Duck Go founder Gabe Weinberg announces the launching of his duck.co community forum.
- Geekadelphia also gives us the latest on the Walnut Street Apple Store — a sign.
Every Friday morning, we make sure you didn t miss anything with Friday Tech Links.
Electric motor startup IQ Motion Control hopes Philly becomes a hub for robotics
What FORT Robotics’ CEO said he learned in the rapid-growth company’s first year
This drone startup raised $16M in Series A funding
Leggy bots, flying bots, building bots: Here’s what Penn’s robotics hub is up to
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia