- Pittsburgh Tribune Review reports that that city will put a bid in for Google’s announced ultra-fast Internet product.
- Keystone Edge has a Q&A with University of the Arts professor and tech-art entrepreneur Slavko Milekic.
- The Inquirer reports that MC Hammer will be appearing at a Wharton event, and, yes, TP will try to crash the party.
Below, Gabe Weinberg talks with Jimmy Wales, comic book classes and more.
MIGHT BE OF INTEREST
- Geekadelphia promotes Kensington-based creative project space pterodactyl. Geekadelphia also announces its Little Big Philadelphia contest.
- Make gives some love for a pet project that came out of Hive76.
GIVE A GLANCE
- Dennis Moore asks whether SAP will be acquired.
- Duck Duck Go founder Gabe Weinberg chats up ‘traction’ with Wikipedia Founder Jimmy Wales — who just got a nice gift from Google.
Every Friday morning, we make sure you didn’t miss anything with Friday Tech Links.
This month in Technical.ly history: Do these 10 Philly tech organizations have Wikipedia pages yet?
Get a primer on fact checking and digital literacy from this Wikipedian in residence
A Brookings fellow wants to know why majority-black towns suffer from disinvestment
7 biz resources we learned about at Super Meetup Philly 2019
Meet Open Data PGH, Technical.ly’s new reporting series on civic tech in Pittsburgh
Help shine a light on women in the arts
WHYY revamped its website with backing from Bluecadet
Paid family leave adds to the perks at Chariot Solutions
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia