Updated 11/9/09 @ 10:22 a.m.: Added Innovation Philadelphia link
- Venture Beat reports that New Hope-based teen social network myYearbook is pushing its virtual currency hard toward growth in its fresh profitability.
- Innovation Philadelphia gives its own review of their Global Creative Economy Convergence Summit held early last month. See our interview with Innovation’s chief Kelly Lee here. Read their additional blog post here.
- Keystone Edge has a Q&A with University City Science Center President Steven Tang.
After the jump, Lockheed in space again, Hugh Douglas chats about science and six other tech stories, including our best read piece of the week.
MIGHT BE WORTH YOUR TIME
- ReadWriteWeb calls the featured product from Lansdale-based Proton Media “the most advanced collaboration environment we have seen in the market.”
- The Philadelphia Business Journal’s Peter Key reports that a satellite built by the Newtown factory of Lockheed Martin is getting a second go-round.
GIVE A GLANCE
- Philly Tech News reports that RecycleBank, a recycling program that launched in Philly, moved to the 67th ward but still has 32 employees here, just raised $28.25 million.
- The Inquirer reports that Center City law firm Blank Rome has some of a “small clutch” of U.S. lawyers who have built portfolios around connecting Israeli high-tech businesses and American financing. H/T Philly Tech News
- Science Cheerleader, the blog promoting science literacy that was founded by Society Hill-resident former 76ers cheerleader Darlene Cavalier, with whom we spoke earlier back in August, got former Eagles defensive end Hugh Douglas to chat about his love for the technical fields.
- Our Most Trafficked Story of the Week: Philadelphia to get Apple retail store
Every Friday morning, we make sure you didnï¿½t miss anything with Friday Tech Links.
This Doylestown company will set up a digital ad network at 25 Minor League Baseball parks
Former Phillies player Ryan Howard calls this startup ‘the future of baseball’
Live streaming and in-app gifting helped Meet Group beat its 2018 revenue goals
Join the team at Odessa working to shake up the global leasing industry
PlaySugarHouse enters New Jersey sportsbook market
CS:GO community comes to Northern Liberties for Fragadelphia
Philly’s esports team hopes to bring home another championship
How this Vistar Media software engineer succeeds on an ‘inclusive team’
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia