In which we link out to the tech news from Philly and elsewhere (when it matters) that slips through the cracks and make it way fun. See others here.
The blog from incubator DreamIt Ventures features some knowledge spilled at a lecture on search engine optimization by Gabriel Weinberg, the CEO of Duck Duck Go, the Valley Forge search engine we’ve covered.
After the jump, business leaders playing squash, video from the Philly Startup Leaders barbecue and six other tech stories, including our best read story of the week.
Ordered by an incredibly complex algorithm rendering importance:
- Jeff Blumenthal from the Philadelphia Business Journal reports that three families connected to the Philadelphia business community are off to Israel to compete in the squash competition of the 18th Maccabiah Games, “an international Jewish athletic event similar to the Olympics.”
- Geekadelphia reports that the Black Cherry Bombshells online comic team, whom we have covered, is video podcasting its trip across the country to the San Diego Comic book conference.
- Keystone Edge has an interview with Don Miller, who is a part of the 8-bit music scene in Philadelphia. Geekadelphia loves these guys.
- Yup, we’re still on Microsoft’s rumored sale of online marketing agency Razorfish, which has Center City offices. PaidContent is covering it, even though AdWeek reports that it is unlikely the move will be made. Media Post News uses Razorfish chops. H/T Philly Tech News
- Innovation Philadelphia posts that members from their regional nonprofit economic development organization attended the barbecue held by the Philly Startup Leaders, an event we told you about. Below see their video interview with Aaron McLean and Tracey Welson-Rossman, members of the event committee.
- Our Most Trafficked Story of the Week: Friday Q&A: Gwen Shaffer, One Web Day organizer
Every Friday morning we make sure you didn’t miss anything with Friday Tech Links.
Phew, all mayoral candidates have websites and Twitter accounts now [Links Roundup]
Lockheed Martin got $107M in tax credits to open labs in Camden [Links Roundup]
CyclePhilly nominated for international award [Links Roundup]
Philadelphia University wins economic development award [Links Roundup]
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia