MeetMe is a discovery-based social network based in suburban Philadelphia. It has a largely teen demographic among its more than 40 million active monthly users, as of summer 2014.
Founded by a brother-sister pair as myYearbook, in July 2011 the company was sold for $100 million to Quepasa, making it one of the Philadelphia region’s largest tech exits. In November 2011, the parent company bought the domain Meet.Me for a reported $450,000. In April 2012, Quepasa combined myYearbook and a Latin-focused social network it owned to form MeetMe.
Technical.ly Coverage (36 posts)
- ‘It helps us be more competitive’: The Meet Group opens Philly office in bid for talent
- 3 reasons why you should look for a job during the holidays
- The Meet Group to scoop up German dating app for $70 million
- The biggest party in Philly tech is just a few weeks away. Get tickets now
- MeetMe acquired Tagged and hi5’s parent company for $60 million
- First Round Capital’s Chris Fralic just joined MeetMe’s exec board