EveryBlock is a neighborhood-focused data and information resource.
Founded in 2007 by Adrian Holovaty and then supported in 2008 by a $1.1 million Knight News Challenge grant, the project was acquired by MSNBC in 2009. After Comcast acquired NBC, it launched a new version of Everyblock in select communities.
Technical.ly Coverage (7 posts)
- How you can use the newly-revived EveryBlock right now
- Comcast brings neighborhood discussion site EveryBlock back to Philly
- This Baltimore startup founder was recruited to help fix HealthCare.gov
- Comcast to spend millions marketing Kahn Academy to close digital divide [Comcast Roundup]
- Paul Smith: EveryBlock cofounder, Fed Hill resident on Public Good Software
- EveryBlock: neighborhood discussion site closes