About Code for America
Code for America is a San Francisco-based nonprofit that connects teams of coders and developers with a paid year of service with city governments to develop applications, tools and community around technology-infused efficiency and transparency.
The City of Philadelphia was one of five inaugural cities in 2011. Cities pay a portion of fees associated with retaining talent, and other costs are covered by foundations, donations and other philanthropic efforts.
Technical.ly Coverage (100 posts)
- The latest iteration of Code for Pittsburgh is building a more collaborative community of civic technologists
- Trump’s SNAP fix fails to put people first
- Why Code for Philly’s leadership team is stepping down
- Alfano, McDougall win seats on Code for America National Advisory Council
- Two Philly candidates are vying for Code for America’s National Advisory Council. You know what to do
- Code for America’s time is now