About Code for America
Code for America is a San Francisco-based nonprofit that connects teams of coders and developers with a paid year of service with city governments to develop applications, tools and community around technology-infused efficiency and transparency.
The City of Philadelphia was one of five inaugural cities in 2011. Cities pay a portion of fees associated with retaining talent, and other costs are covered by foundations, donations and other philanthropic efforts.
Technical.ly Coverage (90 posts)
- The case for sitting on Trump’s tech council
- There’s a big civic data conference in Baltimore this week
- These 4 tech platforms might just change Philly for the better
- Code for Baltimore wants to hear your thoughts on open data
- Looking to get involved? Code Against Trump
- Mayor Pugh looks to Philly for anti-litter inspiration