About Code for America
Code for America is a San Francisco-based nonprofit that connects teams of coders and developers with a paid year of service with city governments to develop applications, tools and community around technology-infused efficiency and transparency.
The City of Philadelphia was one of five inaugural cities in 2011. Cities pay a portion of fees associated with retaining talent, and other costs are covered by foundations, donations and other philanthropic efforts.
Technical.ly Coverage (97 posts)
- Alfano, McDougall win seats on Code for America National Advisory Council
- Two Philly candidates are vying for Code for America’s National Advisory Council. You know what to do
- Code for America’s time is now
- Code for America Brigade Congress to take over Philly Oct. 13–15
- Help shape Code for America’s civic-tech mission
- Head to Philly for Code for America’s mega-gathering of civic technologists