The Inside Sales Manager is responsible for the lead generation team at Vitalyst. This team generates cold leads and nurtures warm leads to create qualified sales opportunities for the outside sales team to manage and close. In order to achieve these goals, the lead generation team establishes personal contacts though phone, email, and social media tools.
The Manager of this group is responsible for individual team member performance to meet defined KPI’s. The Manager will achieve this through recruiting, onboarding, training, and managing lead generation reps on our 10 -20 person team. The successful manager will consistently drive and improve performance of all team members.
The key to success in this role includes combining the qualities of a great sales coach with a passion for continual process improvement. Ideal candidates have been a successful Sales Development Rep (SDR) and have some management experience of SDR teams as well.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Ensure that new pipeline is generated for the Sales team, according to regional targets
• Coach SDRs in the B2B SaaS sales methodology, helping them to achieve the next step in their career while exceeding their goals in lead generation
• Improve our processes and how we interact with prospects and leads
• Manage leads in Salesforce and develop new leads through research and collaborative team efforts
• Ensure proper data-entry/storage practices are used in Salesforce
• Act as point-person for the Regional Sales Representatives, Marketing Team and the rest of the Organization
• Develop and maintain key performance metrics and dashboards
The ideal candidate will have unquestioned integrity, enjoy working independently and engaging directly with clients on a frequent basis. He/she will have outstanding communication and presentation skills and the ability to quickly develop positive, interpersonal relationships at all levels. She/he will also have the ability to think strategically and recognize and communicate long-term business opportunities, yet execute and deliver short-term results.
Specifically, candidates will exhibit the following:
• Multiyear Sales experience in the software industry with an Inside Sales/ SDR model
• Successful track record as a former SDR
• Experience in managing teams, e.g. as a team lead or head of inside sales
• Previous roles that contained the development and training of junior colleagues
• Capabilities in running CRM reporting and analysis, preferably in Salesforce
• Strong process thinking and motivation to meet target KPIs
• A blend of entrepreneurial and larger company experience in a rapidly expanding, highly complex business
• Active understanding and awareness of market innovations and competitor issues
• Solid verbal and written communication skills with excellent interpersonal and networking skills.
• Familiarity with Challenger, Miller Heiman Conceptual Sales & Strategic Sales, Sandler or equivalent methodologies is strongly desired
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, or related field is preferred. (Equivalent experience or expertise considered)
• Capacity to easily grasp technical concepts; knowledge and understanding of technology in the areas of Application Support, Microsoft Suite & Office 365, Migration Support, and Windows 10 is a plus
Vitalyst is singularly focused on digital adoption, with employee-centric learning and development solutions to help companies navigate their digital transformation journey. As the Microsoft 365 Adoption Partner of the Year, Vitalyst has increased adoption of Microsoft technologies at a rate of 3.5 times that of other partners in the adoption space—all while achieving a high net promoter score (+87) year after year.
New jobs. Your inbox. Every week. Get it.