This position is for a Site Reliability Engineer on our Retail Environments team. The goal of this position include:
*Modernizing the environments tools and technologies to support the IT strategic goals of continuous delivery and cloud migration.
*Automating and implementing the build and maintenance of the environments for applications.
*Continually improving the monitoring, alerting, and automation to increase environments reliability, availability, performance, and overall system health.
Additional details on qualifications include:
*Knowledge of Linux systems and cloud platforms/providers
*Hands on experience with several of the following tools: Atlassian suite (Jira, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Confluence), Git, Maven, Jenkins, Splunk, Selenium, Nexus, Artifactory
*Java Development experience is considered a plus
To provide senior level system analysis, design, development, and implementation of applications and databases for mainframe-, client/server-, Web-, and/or PC-based systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provides senior level system analysis, design, development, and implementation of applications and databases for client/server-, Web-and/or PC-based software or middleware. Integrates third party products.
2. Translates technical specifications, and/or logical and physical design into code for new or enhancement projects for internal clients. Develops code that reuses subroutines or objects, is well structured, includes sufficient comments, and is easy to maintain. Writes programs, ad hoc queries, and reports.
3. Elevates code into the development, test, and Production environments on schedule. Provides follow up Production support. Submits change control requests and documents.
4. Thoroughly understands software development methodology. Thoroughly understands architecture standards. Trains and mentors staff with less experience. Resolves issues elevated from staff with less experience.
5. Performs systems analysis, including system requirements analysis and definition (e.g., prototyping), and logical and physical design.
6. Writes the system/technical portion of assigned deliverables. Assists technical team members with the system/technical portion of their deliverables (e.g., systems testers, test plans). On small teams, the developer may write these items.
7. Is highly functional on large, matrixed project teams. Interfaces with cross functional team members, including database administrator, IT security, project manager, technical writer, and clients. Communicates systems issues at the appropriate technical level for each audience.
8. Provide build & deploy of IMS applications in appropriate software development environment.
9. Provides troubleshooting support for application and environment related issues.
10. Builds automated solutions for systems monitoring and applications health checks
11. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Production acceptance, including elevations and change
Interfaces, feeds, and event schedules.
Quality assurance methodology and Inspections.
Use case standards.
Systems analysis and design techniques.
Libraries, reusable code, and/or object oriented standards.
Screen, report, and query design.
Works closely with team in US and support US based application and tools.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.Apply Now
At harvest time, employees at one of the world's largest investment firms pick peppers and tomatoes and donate them to nearby food pantries like Philabundance. The community garden at Vanguard isn't a core competency, so to speak, but it does capture the financial firm's unique commitment to giving back.
Vanguard is one of the world's largest investment companies, offering a large selection of low-cost mutual funds, ETFs, advice and related services. "I wanted to work at Vanguard because I liked that there was an emphasis on volunteering and helping people," said Alexa Cain, an investment systems developer. "I never thought I wanted to end up at a financial company, but the fact that people are such an important part of Vanguard's mission really made me want to be here and makes me want to stay."
The Vanguard Gives Back program is a community service initiative where the company's so-called "crew members” (the logo, after all, is an 18th-century tall ship) rally behind philanthropic causes. Staffers donate their "time, talent and treasure" to various organizations, such as the American Red Cross and local hunger-relief groups.
Beyond those in need, Vanguard also invests in its own people.
In-house specialty programs offer crew-members the opportunity to gain new skills through hands-on experience. For example, Vanguard's Technology Leadership Program is a two-year program with three rotations and two capstones, specifically geared towards recent graduates who want to develop their technical expertise within the business world.
The offices at Vanguard also feature an impressive array of perks such as"galleys" (cafeterias), working nooks, walking paths, outdoor patio space and electric-car parking. There's also an employee gym, called "Ship Shape," located on campus.
New jobs. Your inbox. Every week. Get it.