This position is for a Site Reliability Engineer on our Retail Environments team. The goal of this position include:
*Modernizing the environments tools and technologies to support the IT strategic goals of continuous delivery and cloud migration.
*Automating and implementing the build and maintenance of the environments for applications.
*Continually improving the monitoring, alerting, and automation to increase environments reliability, availability, performance, and overall system health.
Additional details on qualifications include:
*Knowledge of Linux systems and cloud platforms/providers
*Hands on experience with several of the following tools: Atlassian suite (Jira, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Confluence), Git, Maven, Jenkins, Splunk, Selenium, Nexus, Artifactory
*Java Development experience is considered a plus
To provide senior level system analysis, design, development, and implementation of applications and databases for mainframe-, client/server-, Web-, and/or PC-based systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provides senior level system analysis, design, development, and implementation of applications and databases for client/server-, Web-and/or PC-based software or middleware. Integrates third party products.
2. Translates technical specifications, and/or logical and physical design into code for new or enhancement projects for internal clients. Develops code that reuses subroutines or objects, is well structured, includes sufficient comments, and is easy to maintain. Writes programs, ad hoc queries, and reports.
3. Elevates code into the development, test, and Production environments on schedule. Provides follow up Production support. Submits change control requests and documents.
4. Thoroughly understands software development methodology. Thoroughly understands architecture standards. Trains and mentors staff with less experience. Resolves issues elevated from staff with less experience.
5. Performs systems analysis, including system requirements analysis and definition (e.g., prototyping), and logical and physical design.
6. Writes the system/technical portion of assigned deliverables. Assists technical team members with the system/technical portion of their deliverables (e.g., systems testers, test plans). On small teams, the developer may write these items.
7. Is highly functional on large, matrixed project teams. Interfaces with cross functional team members, including database administrator, IT security, project manager, technical writer, and clients. Communicates systems issues at the appropriate technical level for each audience.
8. Provide build & deploy of IMS applications in appropriate software development environment.
9. Provides troubleshooting support for application and environment related issues.
10. Builds automated solutions for systems monitoring and applications health checks
11. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Production acceptance, including elevations and change
Interfaces, feeds, and event schedules.
Quality assurance methodology and Inspections.
Use case standards.
Systems analysis and design techniques.
Libraries, reusable code, and/or object oriented standards.
Screen, report, and query design.
Works closely with team in US and support US based application and tools.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.Apply Now
What’s uniquely challenging about building Vanguard products?
Applications and systems directly related to investment management require Vanguard crew members to have both business and technical skills. They need to have soft skills in order to listen to clients’ needs as well as hard skills that will translate those needs into technical requirements that deliver results.
What is the pace like at Vanguard?
The technical team at Vanguard works in an agile work environment, so they work quickly and intelligently. Over the last couple of years, Vanguard has enabled a robust continuous delivery system where folks can get new feature updates into production in less than 15 minutes to begin testing in live product environments, where in years past it would take months to get something into production.
What features is the team working on at the moment?
A tool for our portfolio managers to analyze client and market data and make better trading decisions. In addition, the team is engaged in moving legacy applications to the cloud.
What qualities does Vanguard value in an employee?
Vanguard values passionate individuals who are open-minded and always looking to improve themselves, their community and the products offered to clients.
What can new employees expect?
In addition to a thorough one-day corporate orientation, new employees can expect to enter into a supportive, welcoming work environment where they will feel appreciated and valued.
How do Vanguard employees stay connected and engaged with each other?
From the annual employee 5K run and community service campaigns through “Vanguard Gives Back” to happy hours, board game nights featuring D&D-style games like Gloomhaven, beverage clubs and barbeques, there are ample opportunities for Vanguard crew members to connect with each other throughout the year.
New jobs. Your inbox. Every week. Get it.