Invest in your future.
Cloud Operations Specialist/Engineer have the Opportunity to ensure the Availability & Resiliency of Vanguard Cloud Platform. Assess the reliability risk of the systems and drive improvements in the prevention, detection, and remediation of potential risk. Engage in Automation and creating real-time monitors to analyze the trend and Plan for future Infrastructure needs. Collaboration with Consumers and Engineering Team to ensure that application service level objectives are met.
In this role, you will:
- Provide senior level Tier 2 operational services, including troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving Cloud Platforms and its dependent Infrastructures and Tools Issues elevated from the Support Center and Technical Services groups.
- Train and mentor staff and Tier 1 staff on processes and releases. Troubleshoots and resolves complex issues elevated from staff. Assess IT risks, dependencies, and conflicts.
- Monitor and resolves automated system alerts and alarms that indicate system functions were not completed within established service levels. Recommends automated monitoring enhancements.
- Coordinate resolution activities with IT groups across systems and platforms (e.g., availability team), so they occur in sync. Communicates issue status.
- Answer the Tier 2 hot line and resolves complex issues. Reviews shift logs and turnover reports
- Administer system activities (e.g., internet availability). Identifies performance issues and trends. Identifies opportunities to improve system and application performance, including automating manual system tasks. Participates in change management and related meetings to identify systems issues. Presents project initiatives and metrics. Creates ad hoc reports of significant system trends, including problem occurrences and responses.
- Thoroughly understand and comply with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established client service levels. Thoroughly understands and complies with Information Security policies and procedures.
- Participate in special projects and performs other related duties as assigned.
What it takes:
- Minimum 5 years Tier 1 or 2 experience in technical specialty
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent technical experience
- Practical experience with maintaining and administering Pivotal Cloud Foundry/AWS
- Platforms or Equivalent Other Cloud Platforms
- Deployment of applications and services into AWS using a variety of automation tools such as Cloud formation, Puppet and Cloud provider API’s.
- Working with application development teams using continuous delivery practices and toolsets, ie. Git, Jenkins, automated testing tools.
- Experience in software development (Java)
- Experienced in VMware vSphere / ESXi / ESX
- Understanding of monitoring/telemetry solutions (Splunk, ELK, Nagios, etc…) data ingestion and analysis
- Understanding and application of at least one scripting language (Shell, PHP, Python, etc)
- Good knowledge of Linux/Unix system
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills and negotiation skills.
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills.
***Vanguard is NOT offering visa sponsorship for this position***
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard’s core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.