Overview of Retail Strategic Support (RSS):
As the center of excellence for RIG, RSS will provide a single narrative of the value delivered, ensuring consistency in the application and sharing of best practices across the division in a more structured way. We will create an organization of thriving functional experts and cultivate deep expertise in areas spinal to RIG’s success. We will build a depth of knowledge in a set of specific areas, bringing that knowledge to bear in our everyday work, and in developing others around us. Everything we do is aligned with our vision; Win the Day, Discover the Possibilities, Steward Divisional Investments, and Thrive as Functional Experts.
Discover new approaches to complex business problems:
Responsible for wrangling large and messy datasets and be able to solve real-world problems across various sub-division. Design/run experiments, research and discover innovative solutions to optimize profitability and customer experience.
In this role you will:
- Engages with internal partners to understand business strategy, questions and goals. Brings structure to business requests, translates requirements into an analytical project approach, and leads projects through completion. Delegates tasks and provides tactical and strategic guidance to peers.
- Interact with stakeholders and COE to understand the business problem, help and aid the in implementation of DL/ML algorithms to solve problems
- Analyze and extract relevant information from large amounts of historical data
- Use machine learning and analytical techniques to create scalable solutions for business problems
- Acquires and compiles structured and unstructured data and verifies its quality, accuracy and reasonableness.
- Performs analyses of historical data to surface trends and insights using advanced analytical methods. Validates analytical techniques employed by other analysts.
- Prepares and delivers visualizations and internal presentations that translate analytic insights into tangible, actionable solutions for business partners to implement.
- Develops, owns and manages recurring analytic or reporting processes.
- Mentors, coaches, trains, and develops junior data analysts. Proactively expands knowledge of business and analytics and shares with team members. Shares and documents best practices.
What it takes:
- Minimum of five years related work experience.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Experience in R, Python, or SQL required.
- Visualization software preferred (e.g. QlikView, Tableau, MS Power BI).
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard’s core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.