Maxar is currently looking for a dedicated UI/UX Designer to join our team in Charlottesville, VA. Due to high demand from our government clients, we’re expanding our Creative Team and adding yet another UI/UX Designer! You’ll collaborate with our amazing software development team to create strong user flow and interface for future-forward web applications.
Life with Us
Your Project: You will be responsible for the UI/UX design for a few applications. These projects range from:
- Totally new design born from your ideas (100% you!),
- Some that require the addition of a new major feature (50% you),
- Or others that may only require a minor touch-up/refresh (25% you).
Your Career: We’re very serious about professional development and continuing education. We offer everyone the opportunity to define their own career trajectory. Our group has some amazing resources at its disposal specifically for this purpose. You will work with your direct supervisor and/or a mentor to set appropriate goals and design a plan to help you make consistent progress.
- Dedicated professional development time.
- Conference attendance.
- Corporate partner, industry training.
- Peer groups.
- Paid certifications.
- Education reimbursement.
- And much more…
Day-to-day with your colleagues:
- Meet regularly with clients to develop user empathy, discover pain points, document user workflows, and collect requirements for fundamental features.
- Communicate regularly with software development team on feature road-maps and provide recommendations on deviations based on user feedback, feature iteration.
- Attend daily stand-ups to stay current on feature progress and help guide the direction of the product interface.
- Participate in all major development meetings, e.g. Sprint planning, retrospectives, and interim feature demos.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and be willing and able to obtain a TS/SCI security clearance and pass a CI polygraph
- 4+ years of UI/UX and/or other graphic design experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, e.g. UI/UX Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, etc.
- Strong design portfolio
- Knowledge and applied use of Design Thinking principles.
- Recent experience with:
- Adobe Creative Cloud,
- Figma, Sketch, or other interaction software.
If you also had these skills that’d be amazing:
- Current/active TS/SCI with CI polygraph
- Graphic Design/Identity/Logo/Branding