Think Company operates in the United States as a fully remote company. As such, please consider this a remote (work from home) position. Please note that Thinkers are expected to operate within Eastern Standard Time Zone business hours.
Think Company is looking for a Senior UX Designer to join an established research and design team. As a member of this team, you will help to evolve and refine existing initiatives, while also contributing to the development of future strategic research and design decisions for our client’s line of work.
You should have experience owning significant portions of major research and design initiatives, blending and balancing business goals with user goals, planning and organizing complex systems and partnering with multi-disciplinary teams.
If you love solving problems through an intensely collaborative design process with both clients and colleagues—and can communicate those ideas clearly—you may be our ideal candidate. In applying for this job, you should have a strong grounding in foundational interaction design principles, portfolio pieces demonstrating your ability to design for complex systems, and an innate interest in shaping our connected world.
- Work collaboratively on creative teams that include both clients and internal colleagues
- Guide clients and product teams on the appropriate research design strategy needed to answer critical questions
- Conduct research using a wide variety of qualitative and quantitative methods as well as human-centered design principles
- Communicate research insights and recommendations in compelling and creative ways with team members and senior management
- Conduct needs analyses by synthesizing client discussions, system assessments, contextual inquiries, user data, and other research findings
- Facilitate research debriefs, brainstorming exercises, and/or other workshops that utilize design thinking approaches to fuel ideation and evaluate product design grounded in research findings
- Design solutions that incorporate modern usability and interaction design practices, including both responsive and device-native strategies
- Create deliverables from scratch with little to no oversight, including:
- Workflow diagrams
- Requirements documentation
- User research and usability testing scripts and discussion guides
- Collaborate effectively with research, content, design and development teams
- Build and maintain positive relationships with clients
- Stay up to date on current themes, trends, and technologies in user experience design
- Maintain a solid understanding of front-end development and technology
- Follow good accessibility practices in all research and design work
- Portfolio of work demonstrating experience researching and designing for complex systems on multiple platforms, including mobile
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in the UX design field
- Uncommon attention to detail with focus on efficiency
- Track record of driving project work streams and deliverables
- Strong ability to clearly communicate research and design ideas to team members and clients in live presentations
- Proficiency with tools and applications that support research and UX efforts in remote environments
- Experience working within teams that create and use well-defined visual design systems or pattern libraries
- Bachelor's Degree