The Baltimore City Office of Information and Technology (BCIT) is seeking a Sr. Enterprise Architect. The Enterprise Architect will design all infrastructure services to include at a minimum, security, network, servers, IAM, Patch Management, Asset Management, O365, migration and Cloud Services.
Summary of Responsibilities:
• Develops and maintains current and planned state architectural documents such as Domain roadmaps, Standards, Patterns, reference architecture/implementation documents for Enterprise Applications.
• Develop strategies, roadmaps, standards and reference architecture/implementation for Enterprise tools.
• Understands and transforms business requirements into scalable/manageable solution architecture and design specifications for reliability, scalability, security and integration.
• Solves complex problems with many variables using various security, network, storage, and compute platforms.
• Develops full-stack and reference architecture designs for infrastructure across hybrid environments inclusive of cloud platforms.
• Participates in the development of governance processes to ensure that objectives are achieved, risks are managed appropriately and the organization’s resources are used responsibly for the infrastructure landscape.
• Documents existing systems architecture and technology portfolio to ensure accuracy is maintained.
• In partnership with the IT leadership team, identifies opportunities and risks for architecting the company’s applications or infrastructure solutions, including identification of competitive services, opportunities for innovation, total cost of ownership, benefits and assessment of marketplace obstacles and technical hurdles.
• Leverages industry standards to guide solution decisions in relation to reliability, scalability, security and integration for the enterprise.
• Designs Technical/Application Architectures, including development, testing, runtime and operations architectures.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Windows Server: In-depth knowledge for application hosting, performance tuning and application deployments. Knowledge of Linux Operating Systems, Cloud based storage, NAS and SAN.
• Extensive knowledge and hands on technical experience with Cloud to include Public/Private or Hybrid.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange or Office 365, Azure/AWS/Google Cloud, Active Directory, Solution Sizing for hardware/software platforms, Infrastructure Management Tools and monitoring tools, Cisco Networking, F5 Load Balancers, and Virtualization and container technologies.
• Expert level of technical knowledge and understanding of architecture, application systems design and integration.
• Possesses in-depth knowledge of industry’s business environment and domain.
• Possess excellent communication skills coupled with a keen analytical aptitude.
• Self-motivated, ability to adapt to new environments quickly, capable of maintaining positive and productive working relationships in independent, and team environments.
• Strong problem solving, analytical and communication abilities.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or other related field plus seven (7) years’ implementation experience with demonstrated expertise architecting in several business and technical verticals with multiple technologies OR Associate’s in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or other related field plus eleven (11) years’ implementation experience with demonstrated expertise architecting in several business and technical verticals with multiple technologies.
• Knowledge of Applications technologies, principles and patterns.
New jobs. Your inbox. Every week. Get it.