Department: Technology Services
Reports to: Manager of Technology Operations/Technology Product Manager
Status: Full-Time Salary Non-Exempt Intern
The Technology Services Internship provides hands on experience working with technology that supports departments across The Phillies. Interns will work closely with the Technology Services team to support users, address issues, and further technology initiatives. This is an entry level position designed for individuals seeking to gain experience in information technology operations.
- Learn and develop skills in troubleshooting application and hardware issues, supporting the network operations, and implementing new technology.
- Contribute to the Help Desk team by managing a queue of support tickets, collaborating on issue resolutions, and following up on outstanding issues.
- Work on projects that advance the technology goals of the club. Interns will be assigned a project(s) to be completed during their time with the Phillies. Projects are assigned based on club needs and will align with the intern’s abilities and interests when possible. For example, researching and creating a mobile device management implementation plan.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Respond to users requiring assistance and manage a queue of support tickets ensuring the timely resolution of issues
- Collaborate with team members, vendors, and other resources to research and resolve issues
- Support Game Day operations by completing routine checks of technology and assisting the team with resolving issues
- Assist in the deployments of PCs, tablets, phones, network equipment, applications, and other technologies
- Assist in hardware, network, and application troubleshooting, e.g. password resets, printing issues, application configuration, rebooting switches, and other supporting tasks
- Assist in performing preventative maintenance and upgrades on PCs, tablets, phones, network equipment and applications
- Assist in creating and maintaining user, technical and issue documentation
- Assist with technology lifecycle management by inventory of new assets, reassigning devices, and decommissioning devices
- Assist with the deployment of new applications by helping to configure, test, and support user adoption
- Deliver on Internship project goals and provide regular updates on progress
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science
- 1-3 years’ experience in Information Technology or relevant course work
- Experience working with Windows and Mac OS in a technical support environment
- Knowledge of recent versions of Microsoft Office (2010, 2013, 2016)
- Knowledge and understanding of basic network design and management
- Knowledge and understanding of cloud application, e.g. Box, Slack, Office 365, G Suite, Jira
- Exceptional time management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks in a quickly changing environment
- Strong communication skills with a focus on delivering excellent customer service
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of team
- Experience working on technology projects in a collaborative team setting is preferred
- Interest in cyber security, system administration, help desk operations, project management, and/or product management
- Ability to lift 50-60 pounds
The Phillies is an Equal Opportunity Employer Apply Now