ABOUT THE TEAM
Security, energy management, asset protection, and automation efficiencies...these are a few of our favorite things.
STRATIS IoT is actively seeking an experienced and passionate developer to join its engineering teams who are creating & molding the next generation of smart building technology. Our diverse family is made-up of adventurous, multifaceted individuals who bring what they've learned through various walks of life to improve our products.
We were named one of Entrepreneur Magazine's "Best Companies in America" two years in a row, #740 on Inc. Magazine's list of 5000 "fastest-growing companies" in 2019, and our CEO, Felicite Moorman, was Ernst & Young's 2017 local and regional Entrepreneur of the Year.
As the only system of its kind built for the complexities of multifamily building management, we are leading the global movement for smart cities in the urban and residential sectors. To date, STRATIS has been installed in over 30,000 units in Japan and Europe, and in over 350,000 units across 46 states in the U.S.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Developer III, you should have at least three years of experience in the field, addressing real-world challenges. You will utilize your experience to contribute to the development of new features and integration of new devices in our ever-growing IoT platform. This particular Developer III role will report report to Dev Manager and work contributing smart access solutions to our smart buildings organization.
- Love what you do & be an integral part of our family that is forging a new path in IoT technology;
- Develop cross-platform software products for use on web, tablet, and mobile;
- Own medium-to-large-sized features from technical design through completion;
- Implement seamless user experiences to control connected-hardware such as locks, access control, thermostats, lights, & leak detection;
- Provide on-call support as required by the team;
- Write clean, correct code incorporating feedback from code reviews; consistently follow best practices;
- Make steady progress on tasks; know when to ask for help in order to get "unblocked";
- Provide helpful and clear feedback to peers in code reviews;
- Fully understand tools used by the team and be able to assist others if needed;
- Able to interpret and follow requirements and be comfortable raising questions or issues with proposed solutions or a clear path to gaining a solution;
- Own end-to-end responsibility on projects of increasing complexity;
- Contribute to the technical design of features with teammates and architects;
- Deliver tested, complex products into the QA process that appear to be well-baked and bug-free;
- Take the initiative to fix small problems before being asked, without compromising progress on assigned tasks;
- Foster a "shipping" culture by collaborating with team members, understanding deadlines and expectations, and identifying roadblocks early;
- Persistent in the face of roadblocks; dispatch them efficiently, pulling in others as necessary, all while requiring minimal direction/oversight;
- Demonstrate knowledge of industry trends, our infrastructure, and build system;
- Understand and utilize our production deployment systems;
- Actively participate in design review meetings for areas outside core expertise; lead design review meetings in area(s) of mastery;
- Build both deep and broad knowledge about our system;
- Make well-reasoned design decisions, recognizing tradeoffs and considering priorities;
- Seek mentoring opportunities with more junior colleagues;
- Understand the product vision - including the business area, customer personas, and priorities - supported by his or her team;
- Empathize with users and use that empathy to guide decision-making;
- Identify potential problems/risks in your own work and the work of others. Propose solutions to problems identified.
- Prioritize tasks well and synchronize with the team, project management, and product owner.
- 3+ years software development experience with demonstrated feature contributions;
- Ability to fulfill all the above job requirements;
- Proficient with Python and Django (or similar backend languages and frameworks)
- Preference to candidates who have experience working in data-intensive applications or services