Posted on October 28, 2018
Software Product Designer
What will you be doing?
- Ideas! Ideas! Ideas! Propose ideas small & big that might solve a problem
- Quickly build functioning prototypes of said ideas and go out and test them with actual users
- Respond to user feedback and refine prototypes for repeated field testing
- Dive into new, unfamiliar fields and quickly absorb the fundamentals to drive brainstorming and further insights
- Leverage extensive company resources to ideate quickly and as frequently as needed until the right solution emerges
- Consider business inputs such as return on investment, cost and manufacturing to ensure ideas survive in the real world
- Bring software design expertise to the table to enable design, prototyping and development of new ideas
Who are we looking for? Someone who:
- Thrives in a small dynamic environments, both as project leader and as subject matter expert support for others
- Diverse experience designing digital experiences whether it be for web, mobile or embedded devices for consumer goods, automotive, industrial, military, etc.
- Can demonstrate independently imagining a product, designing it and building it in record time
- Can quickly articulate ideas visually, this can be through CAD modeling, sketch, or other means.
- Is experienced with multiple programming languages including Python, C++, and others
- Is experienced delivering effective and elegant GUIs
- Is experienced delivering value with machine learning and / or data analytics
- Familiar with developing on Linux environments
- Has at least a Bachelor’s Degree in a related technical field. Interdisciplinary degrees welcome.
- Has 3-7 years experience delivering product into commercialization
- Is hands on and can take advantage of a full fabrication shop to hand build prototypes
Stanley Infrastructure formed the Infrastructure Innovation Team to seek out new disruptive technologies to accelerate our growth. This small team will have full autonomy to brainstorm, ideate, prototype and develop far reaching solutions beyond just tools.
We are excited to be looking for independent doers to join our team.
Apply for this job
In addition to a resume, please include photographs, web links, short descriptions of physical or digital products or items you have built, both inside the office and out. Show us your creativity and hands on ability. Hit the Apply button below and send information to the the email address listed. Mention you found this work on Technical.ly!