Wisewire is a growth stage digital content company focused on B2C and B2B target customer base. Wisewire is also an online marketplace designed for teachers for sharing, creating, and purchasing premium educational content. The marketplace houses nearly 75,000 learning and teaching tools plus a robust platform for the creation and customization of technology-enhanced assessments and playlists.
Our team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer with strong DevOps experience that includes web development experience that will work in the Baltimore or Tysons, VA location.
As our technical leader and programmer, you will put in place the engineering team and processes to propel us into the top ranks of EdTech companies in both B2B and B2C spaces. Our e-commerce model lets users create their own technology-enhanced student-assessment items and sell them on our site along with our own high-quality learning objects. Our learning platforms can connect with 3rd-party learning-management systems and you’ll integrate our systems with the most widely-used learning technologies in the world today.
This is an opportunity for the individual to grow into a leadership role and steer the technical direction of Wisewire. You will coordinate the efforts of a number of independent developers and perhaps a small vendor team building our WordPress/PHP based marketplace as well as our J2EE/Groovy-based student assessment platform. You will learn and OWN our code and you’ll create our DevOps processes from scratch. You’ll drive development and QA. You will select or build tools for deployment, monitoring, and operations, and also show leadership in troubleshooting and resolving issues.
* You’ve worked as a Senior Software Engineer or DevOps Engineer (or both!)
* You have expert-level code experience with PHP (especially custom coding in WordPress/Woocommerce) and/or Groovy
* You have solid experience with configuration management, preferably automated
* You’re comfortable with a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with Git and AWS is required)
* You’re fluent in SQL and MySQL
* Bachelors Degree in IT-related discipline
* At least 3 years experience in web software development
* Functional knowledge of AWS and Git (BitBucket)
* Work with multiple product owners to understand and help inform desired application functionality
* Continuously improve software engineering and operations practices
* Work with multiple company teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a range of technologies
* Own the quality, performance, and scalability of your solutions and processes
* Stay on top of tech trends, and experiment with and learn new technologies
* Be passionate about innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, and self-organization
* Be equally as comfortable deep in the code as you are crafting and driving the technology roadmap many months ahead
* Masters Degree in IT-related discipline
* 6+ years experience in software development, especially with J2EE, Groovy, or PHP
* 5+ years experience in DevOps practices
Wisewire is an online marketplace designed for teachers for sharing, creating, and purchasing premium educational content. The marketplace houses nearly 75,000 learning and teaching tools plus a robust platform for the creation and customization of technology-enhanced assessments and playlists. Wisewire focuses on providing bite-sized solutions for teachers to easily integrate into their daily lessons. As part of our work at Wisewire we also offer a more personalized product that are better tailored for educators, schools and teachers, whereby we have probably developed thousands of individual assessment items and playlists. Please visit: http://www.wisewire.com/
Sign-up for regular updates from Technical.ly